When you think Yamaha is untouchable

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Checkswrecks

Reaction score
With the earthquake and subsequent problems in Japan, the buyers of the Super Tenere had to wait for the new bikes to come. And wait.

During that wait, the prospective owners discussed their realizations about what the Japanese were going through. Once the bikes came and new owners started to see what the Japanese had developed and built, the owners forum (many are current/ex FJR owners) collected together, made a poster, and personally expressed their thanks and support to Yamaha.

Rather than disappearing into the maw of the corporation, actual Yamaha employees whom we had been thinking of the whole time got to answer. With a banner of their own!

This is REALLY cool!

https://www.yamahasupertenere.com/index.php?topic=2498.0

Checks,

Thanks for sharing this with us...what a Heart Warming Banner!

One of the reasons I am a proud Yamaha Owner... the traditions continue even in the depth of tragedy.

Here's the banner from the above post:

SuperT_big.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's cool...But:

Yamaha USA Service has a membership and posts up on a very new Tenere forum, but is nowhere to be seen on the biggest FJR Forum on the planet??

How many times have genuine concerns about problems with FJRs been discussed here while Yamaha USA acts ignorant about the subject?

I'm not quite sure exactly how I feel about that...

Last edited by a moderator:
That's cool...But:

Yamaha USA Service has a membership and posts up on a very new Tenere forum, but is nowhere to be seen on the biggest FJR Forum on the planet??

How many times have genuine concerns about problems with FJRs been discussed here while Yamaha USA acts ignorant about the subject?

I'm not quite sure exactly how I feel about that...

Well Yamaha DID step up to the plate with the Gen I tickers. Oh you have a GenII :p ;)

Fantastic heartwarming gesture by all parties in light of recent events...i visited Yamaha in Japan in 1979 while in the Navy and its out in the sticks, the work force were highly educated but still country folk at heart and very generous and affable...i got to see the last RD400's being assembled and as an owner it was an awesome experience...i can still see that laughter in their eyes....very nice man...

Blessings,

Bobby

Very cool.

So where's a photo of the one you sent to them?
That's the cool part of their poster. Rather than just sending back a corporate "thanks" the two guys in the lower right are holding what the forum members sent. Then they created the rest of what you see for their message!

Very cool.

So where's a photo of the one you sent to them?
That's the cool part of their poster. Rather than just sending back a corporate "thanks" the two guys in the lower right are holding what the forum members sent. Then they created the rest of what you see for their message!

This is & was SO cool ! For a motorcycle corporation to acknowledge they got something and then to turn around and make there own poster, is just too cool... very rare ! Im Yamaha for life !