:..Where did you buy your FJR - Dealer with best pricing..:

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hANNAbONE

Reaction score
I searched this question and nothing came up.

I am wondering where did y'all purchase your FJR - what Dealership has the best pricing OTD nationwide?

Potentially looking fora '19 or a new '20 depending on color.

Talk to me...

I've heard the same thing, D&H.  Read several people here have gotten really good deal there.  I like to buy local whenever possible but where there is a big enough price difference, business is business.  Good Luck in your search!!

First one- freedom powersports. Good price on the new bike. Gave me $1000 over blue book for my bmw. Second FJR, Mountain Motorsports of Kennesaw GA. They lied about mileage, lied about price, but they eventually got to where I needed them to get, on the only model available in my area. So I swallowed hard and closed the deal. It didn’t hurt that I got full blue book on a bike with 85,000ish miles on it. They would go on to misrepresent mileage, price, warranty, service performed, and other things to prospective buyers of my old bike. Next bike, I’ll probably just buy from D&H, though I wouldn’t hesitate to deal with Freedom Powerports again.  I bought the Y.E.S. for the 2018 from D&H. In person. 

I bought my 2015 from Latrobe PA and was very pleased with them. They received 50 bikes from the mothership. I wasn't planning on purchasing at the time but the deal was to good to turn down. 

+1 for them also,

Dave

When I was looking for my leftover '15, and because of this forum, my first call went to D&H who didn't have one.  I then found Hillview in PA on my own and they quoted something similar to what I heard D&H had been offering.  Then about a day or two before leaving for Latrobe and only because I happened to be driving past it, I popped into the dealership where I had bought another bike a few years before.  At first I got the price I was expecting and was just going to walk out but as the conversation continued the tone changed, possibly because he sensed I did my homework and knew what I was talking about.  Without much further BS he offered a price I could live with, essentially a wash when factoring in travel costs, time, aggravation, etc.  Point of writing all this is after getting your best price but before pulling the trigger give your favorite local a shot at matching it.  If you're ready to travel anyways you've got hardly anything to lose but you just might be surprised by a motivated salesman. 

I got such a good deal, my dealer went out of business.  I kid but, they really did go out of business so no help here.  By the way, once  you get your FJR we need to go ride brother hANNAbONE!  It's been a year since the Un.

When I was looking for my leftover '15, and because of this forum, my first call went to D&H who didn't have one.  I then found Hillview in PA on my own and they quoted something similar to what I heard D&H had been offering.  Then about a day or two before leaving for Latrobe and only because I happened to be driving past it, I popped into the dealership where I had bought another bike a few years before.  At first I got the price I was expecting and was just going to walk out but as the conversation continued the tone changed, possibly because he sensed I did my homework and knew what I was talking about.  Without much further BS he offered a price I could live with, essentially a wash when factoring in travel costs, time, aggravation, etc.  Point of writing all this is after getting your best price but before pulling the trigger give your favorite local a shot at matching it.  If you're ready to travel anyways you've got hardly anything to lose but you just might be surprised by a motivated salesman. 
I did that. Walked into the nearest local shop and had the conversation. Handed him the total cost I was looking at through D&H + travel expenses there and back. Told him +$500 over D&H's price would be a wash for me and make a sale for him. He slid the book away from himself as he scooted his chair back, saying "Knock yourself out". He thew away a $500 profit while chasing the $1500+ extra he wanted (getting nothing in the end).

When I was looking to replace the '04 I totaled I went to my local dealer, who I knew had none, and asked him to pull up a list of all the dealers in a 4 state area (plus KS) that had new bikes of the previous 3 years (14, 15, 16 at the time) still on the floor. Just started calling, telling them I was going to buy an FJR in the next month or so, what's your best out the door price for the bike (or bikes) you have on the floor right now, listing what I knew they had. Called everyone, those that were close I called back and gave them a chance to beat the best offer. Of course a '15 showed up on craigslist 70 miles away purchased less than a year previously with 2000 miles for $500 less than my best offer, so I went with that. Wife was able to drive me to it, so saved on travel costs.

I did that. Walked into the nearest local shop and had the conversation. Handed him the total cost I was looking at through D&H + travel expenses there and back. Told him +$500 over D&H's price would be a wash for me and make a sale for him. He slid the book away from himself as he scooted his chair back, saying "Knock yourself out". He thew away a $500 profit while chasing the $1500+ extra he wanted (getting nothing in the end).
Yeah, motorcycle dealers; I'll never under stand 'em? Then they wonder why they go out of business! 😆

Sorry Mr. Bone, since I'm a cheap bastard, 'n since FJRs are soooo reliable, I only buy used. Butt, I do have music for you...

On 9/15/2019 at 10:47 AM, BanjoBoy said:

Yeah, motorcycle dealers; I'll never under stand 'em? Then they wonder why they go out of business! 😆

Sorry Mr. Bone, since I'm a cheap bastard, 'n since FJRs are soooo reliable, I only buy used. Butt, I do have music for you...

One of my favorite bands for DECADES..!! Lydia has got the goods.!

I have got a place... 

IF you don’t mind an ‘18 leftover in the crate. OTD $12,157.
Does that price include taxes?

I went to their website and see the price is $10999 + fees, which is same for Effingham dealer when he had them.  My OTD price with them was $12788, and I still owed just a bit more in my county when I went to register; I think ~$143.  Effingham (Owen Motorsports) collected 6% Illinois taxes, which transferred to Florida, but my county charges 7%, so I owed the difference.