Where did you buy your zumo550

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keone

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm in the market for a Zumo and found some pretty large price differences online. My first round of searching found a bunch of places that list them for around $700 (on average). Large purchases like this I have to let settle for a while, so I held off on ordering. Started looking again today and found just as many places as my last search found selling them for close to $1000.00.

WTF.... Listed part numbers and descriptions for the most part are the same. ie, NEW, 1 year warranty, etc...

Can you guys tell me where you purchased yours.... If any one can account for the price differences also... Cool..

Thanks

K

Last edited by a moderator:
I am also in the market for the Zumo550.

The lowest I have seen is $669, but I will buy mine at Amazon for $713 with free shipping. This will allow me to pick up the extended warrenty.

2-year / 39.99

3-year / 69.99

There is also this:

Special Offer: Save $100 off the cost of one of these AudibleReady devices when you agree to join audible.com's AudibleListener program for 12 months starting at $14.95 per month.

I have been considering starting to listen to audio books and this is a nice little promo. Save $100 on the unit, but will cost $180 for the first year. So, my cost will be $80 bucks higher. But, it might be worth it for me.

Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
autonav 2000

408-298-8188

pssst.....mention that you're a FJRforum member

I endorse audible.com

I listen to an hour (or so) of the Wall Street Journal every morning on the way to work which uploads automatically to my Palm Treo at 5:00am every morning. I also listen to almost a book a week.

The promotion that you referenced would be well worth it.

I know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows this guy...

Actually, my nephew works for Circuit City and got me a great deal that simply could not be matched elsewhere.

Ya'll weren't REALLY expecting me to tell you, were you?

:)

Thanks for the comments..... Still curious as to why such a large price swings between different vendors.... it cant be just customer service...

Jeff A.... Com'on now you can tell us....

I went with amazon and their free shipping. As I whined elsewhere, I needed service pretty quickly and dealt directly with Garmin for that. They shipped a new one right away.