Where's That Other Forum?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacramentoMike

Not Safe For Work
Reaction score
There used to be some He Who Must Not Be Named kinds of people and businesses around here--don't think it's so much that way anymore, but anyway, I'm talking about FJRiders, and for the second day in a row when I try to open it up, I get some weird message that tells me "Oops!  That page doesn't exist" or something.  Anybody else getting that? 

Go to the main page and you will find this:

Update:

February 4rd, 2021 @ 4pm (EST).

The FJRiders.com forum is currently unavailable, but restoration and update progress continues.

I ask for your patience during this time - although your managers will likely appreciate the increased productivity, we're doing our best to ensure that is short lived...

-bigtech.

I spoke to Extrememarine yesterday and he tells me they are working on it.  A couple of things went wrong with some maintenance/upgrades and they are working to resolve it.  It seems to me that any of the longer lasting forums eventually have some issues as things change and grow, this forum has gone through it as well.  Computer programs change, formats evolve, and sometimes mistakes happen with the keyboard.

As far as I know Wayne/Extrememarine is still a member of this forum and is still welcome here.  I know he doesn't tolerate any trash talking of this forum or any of its...members and his pet EOM is always featured here.  

Also saw the update from Wayne.  Everyone faces choices and it's one of the reasons the owners here chose to go the direction they did (hosted space) when the personal equipment being used had to be removed as the owner retired from that company. It cost the current owner about $50 a month to keep the lights on. He'd doing that out of his love for the community and to see this legacy continue. The upside is that updates have been pretty smooth since things were validated after the move. It's also why the owners have chosen NOT to add custom modules to the code (which seldom transitions smoothly during updates).

Current Update, FYI

Update:

February 5th, 2021 @ 11:30am (EST).

The FJRiders.com forum is currently unavailable, and restoration errors continue.  We have recovered the front page and calendar contest pages within the website, and are now working with the web host company to have the balance of the directories restored.

I ask for your patience during this time - This will likely be the most productive Friday your employers have seen in months from you - please be cautious with those efforts - you man risk having expectations set higher than you are typically willing or able to meet once the forum has been restored....

- Wayne

Update:

February 8th, 2021 @ 10:30am (EST).

The FJRiders.com forum is currently unavailable, and restoration errors continue.  We have recovered the front page and calendar contest pages within the website, and are now working with the web host company to have the balance of the directories restored.

I ask for your patience during this time - we are very close to having the forum software restored and functioning; progress continues with the hosting company this morning with a commitment on their part to a resolution timeline....

- Wayne

Update:​

February 8th, 2021 @ 5pm (EST).

The FJRiders.com forum is currently unavailable, but restoration efforts are nearly complete. 

The forum software is functional but requires additional updates to bring it back to full functionality.   As such, I am leaving the forum in 'maintenance mode' so that we can continue fine tuning the settings behind the scenes.  All posts that were live prior to approximately 1:45p on February 3rd have been restored. 

Thank you for your continued [SIZE=15.6053px]patience's[/SIZE] as we work through this event.  The message I have for those who attempted to shut the lights out in this house is this:  try harder...

- Wayne​