Who Has Access to this Area

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignacio

Intramural Culture Warrior
Staff member
Reaction score
Feel free to use the area as a private exchange between FJR riders in the '17 IBR. I'm adding people as they self-report being in the '17 IBR or if somebody on the list asks.....all honor system of course.

Not riding myself, but you probably know the drill that admins are largely IBR veterans (myself, Dale Wilson, Mark Johnson, Greg Marcbach....only the owner and Galaxy Blue aren't). We probably won't pipe up much in this area (unless asked as vets) and certainly won't disclose anything. Just remember that we can see things if we're so inclined.

Self-reported '15 riders with access include:

• Owlsley
  • Big-B (Brian)
  • AndyM (Andy)
  • Bionic Pelvis (Wendy)
  • Chuck35 (Chuck)
  • travel_man (Greg)
  • JustinLongRider (Justin)
  • TripperMike (Mike)
  • RFlagg42 (Eric B.)
  • Kendoo (Ken A.)
Good luck!!!!!

Matt

IBA #332

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the add.

I am beginning to have "the dreams" and an occasional moment of panic.

It's going to be a blast!

Howdy.

I have decided not to ride my FJR this time. If anyone who is riding a FJR would benefit from one of the following, let me know:

- 10.5 gallon Frankentank for a Gen II (not willing to ship this)

- spare rear wheel for an '07 with ABS. I think that means it will fit an '07 or earlier.

Eric Bray

Howdy.
I have decided not to ride my FJR this time. If anyone who is riding a FJR would benefit from one of the following, let me know:

- spare rear wheel for an '07 with ABS. I think that means it will fit an '07 or earlier.

Eric Bray
Hey Eric,

Do you think I could borrow those trick racing stripes on your FJR? I need all the help I can get these days to keep up with you.
smile.png
Oh! Wait, your

riding a BMW. Nevermind!
uhoh.gif
smile.png

Can't wait to see you all again.

Phil

Eric Bray
Yes, exactly! I also have a spare rear wheel of this vintage.

I already loaned the spare '08+ rear I have to Justin.

Also, it might be a bit tight schedule-wise, but if any FJR rider doesn't have a fuel cell and wants one....it may be possible to have one made in time. I'm working with Ernie A. right now to dial-in his Tanji-style cells (Phil had one several years ago I think he worked through) and think we're several weeks away from mine being "done" for my '14. He does have extra parts to make more. I'm working hard to try and keep it gravity-feed (I'm trying to size all the fuel line components at 3/8" instead of the more common 1/4" and 5/16" fittings), we've been working on a front bracket that's adjustable, bulkhead fitting, sizing to ensure it is in the legal to the 11.5 limit, and even working in a cool little welded-on sump feature.

I'll be doing a spotlight on the forum including detailed pictures when we get mine back from anodizing, dialed in, and he thinks he's ready for production.

...I'm sure they won't be cheap, but they're going to be quality...like the original Tanji ones!

If you're interested--let me know via PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think I could borrow those trick racing stripes on your FJR? I need all the help I can get these days to keep up with you.
smile.png
Oh! Wait, yourriding a BMW. Nevermind!
uhoh.gif
smile.png

Phil
You would be welcome to my racing stripes, however I suspect that four years of having never washed my FJR may have resulted in them being irrevocably fossilized...

See you in Minneapolis.

Howdy.

Eric Bray
Hey Eric,

smile.png
Oh! Wait, your

riding a BMW. Nevermind!
uhoh.gif
smile.png

Phil
Phil,

I am not sure there is enough help for you.
no.gif

Can't wait to see you guys again.

Howdy.

Eric Bray
Hey Eric,

smile.png
Oh! Wait, your

riding a BMW. Nevermind!
uhoh.gif
smile.png

Phil
Phil,

I am not sure there is enough help for you.
no.gif

Can't wait to see you guys again.
Are you saying I need to get a BMW?
no.gif

Hey! What forum am I in here. Who let all these kool-aid drinkers in here anyway?
smile.png
smile.png

See you soon Greg

Phil