Who Has The 50CC Record - JAX to SDO

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

travel_man

Greg Rice
Reaction score
I am trying to see if Jan Cutler's 50CC record still stands from back in the 90's. The time he set was 31 hours 26 minutes.

I am looking for the record from Jacksonville to San Diego or San Diego to Jacksonville. Anyone know if someone has done this with a better time?

I am trying to see if Jan Cutler's 50CC record still stands from back in the 90's. The time he set was 31 hours 26 minutes.
I am looking for the record from Jacksonville to San Diego or San Diego to Jacksonville. Anyone know if someone has done this with a better time?
Greg,

Been following your enquires, Can you post your findings when you are done?

I think it will be most interesting! You getting ready for some runs yourself?

Thanks,

Tony

There is no official record. The IBA doesn't certify records...just the accomplishments.

You might find something unofficial in certain e-mail listservs and not forums that Google crawls. Just sayin'. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Greg,

Been following your enquires, Can you post your findings when you are done?

I think it will be most interesting! You getting ready for some runs yourself?

Thanks,

Tony
I am going to compile the information and I will post what I find. I think its good to have this information saved away somewhere.

There is no official record. The IBA doesn't certify records...just the accomplishments.
You might find something unofficial in certain e-mail listservs and not forums that Google crawls. Just sayin'. ;)
I know the IBA does not track times anymore. A long time ago they used too and the times were listed on the certified ride list. That made some of the rides into races and not what the IBA is looking for.

I am going to post on some of the list to see what I find. :winksmiley02:

Its my understanding some have done it in the 27 hour range, but I couldn't confirm it positively as I wasn't there.

Good luck, Greg! Can't wait to hear about it. Hopefully you didn't cash in the GOoJF card yet. ;) So... you're trading in the wing on a FJR i take it?

Its my understanding some have done it in the 27 hour range, but I couldn't confirm it positively as I wasn't there.
Whoa 27 hours! Thats some pretty serious riding. Someone will have to do some real serious riding to beat that.
WOW! That would be a close to triple digit overall speed!!! The milage is what 2385?

Greg, forgive me for my ignorance, What is the "THW" ride in your sig. line?

Whoa 27 hours! Thats some pretty serious riding. Someone will have to do some real serious riding to beat that.
WOW! That would be a close to triple digit overall speed!!! The milage is what 2385?

Greg, forgive me for my ignorance, What is the "THW" ride in your sig. line?
my guess is he did a <50 hour coast to coast "The Hard Way" ... love to know specifics

I'm thinking diagonally across

WOW! That would be a close to triple digit overall speed!!! The milage is what 2385?Greg, forgive me for my ignorance, What is the "THW" ride in your sig. line?
The "THW" stand for The Hard Way. Which is New York to San Francisco 50CC. I did that ride back in 2007 with the MTF. It took 45 hours. It was 2970 miles. Here is my ride report.

50CC THW Ride Report

Good luck, Greg! Can't wait to hear about it. Hopefully you didn't cash in the GOoJF card yet. ;) So... you're trading in the wing on a FJR i take it?

I still have it. ;)

I have been thinking about an FJR for a while ( 3 years ).

Keep in mind, I've only heard rumor of it. I honestly don't know how much faith I have in it, but I suppose in the right conditions it could be possible to do.

WOW! That would be a close to triple digit overall speed!!! The milage is what 2385?Greg, forgive me for my ignorance, What is the "THW" ride in your sig. line?
The "THW" stand for The Hard Way. Which is New York to San Francisco 50CC. I did that ride back in 2007 with the MTF. It took 45 hours. It was 2970 miles. Here is my ride report.

50CC THW Ride Report
Hey Greg, I see you are picking the brains of the collective here too. I recall that ride we did in 07. I made it in also at around the 48 hr. mark. I do recall the GPS no worky when got to SF and had to call for someone to meet me to take me the few blocks to our witness site. I did the sunrise to sunset the following year, and I can't recall if you made that one or not.

doctorj

50CC THW Ride Report
Hey Greg, I see you are picking the brains of the collective here too. I recall that ride we did in 07. I made it in also at around the 48 hr. mark. I do recall the GPS no worky when got to SF and had to call for someone to meet me to take me the few blocks to our witness site. I did the sunrise to sunset the following year, and I can't recall if you made that one or not.

doctorj

I remember you was there for the 50CC THW. I did not ride the Sunrise to Sunset as work was in the way. I do hope to ride that someday.