Who Has the Lowdown on Roseville Yammy?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clear, concise, nice report, sooo... was that so hard SacMike?!? ;-)

Good thing there was no horizontal opposition...might make for a tighter split!!

~G

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish I could have split lanes like SacMike on I-80 in my Subaru going to Napa and then home yesterday. Dang, that traffic will produce a headache stuck in the middle of the stopping and then surging lanes.

That's the downside of lane splitting. Totally spoils you for any sign of patience sitting in traffic in a car. Or in any other state.
weirdsmiley.gif

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="exskibum" data-cid="1410702" data-time="1545590424"><p>

Wish I could have split lanes like SacMike on I-80 in my Subaru going to Napa and then home yesterday. Dang, that traffic will produce a headache stuck in the middle of the stopping and then surging lanes. </p></blockquote>

Take 128, 121 into Napa. I never go I-80 to Napa. Until you get to those you might be out of luck. Generally speaking 50 not as bad as 80 to get West Sac.

PS- If you are in your Subaru and you see an FJR, or Strom, or a supercharged Z come up your 6 on 128 or 121, please move over, and let them pass.

Wish I could have split lanes like SacMike on I-80 in my Subaru going to Napa and then home yesterday. Dang, that traffic will produce a headache stuck in the middle of the stopping and then surging lanes.
Dude! I just bought a new Forester yesterday. Do we wave to each other now?
As long as you don't wave at Bugs in his damn Prius!

Motorcycles wave at each other, Subaru owners flash the Peace sign and spread the love, didnt the dealer teach you that at the orientation ? Once you get the Drive magazine in the mail you’ll feel the love !

So did you get the Adaptive Cruise Control? Makes those bumper-to-bumper episodes almost bearable... ;-)

So did you get the Adaptive Cruise Control? Makes those bumper-to-bumper episodes almost bearable... ;-)
I did, and drove to Eureka this weekend so I had a chance to use it for quite a while in different conditions. LOVED it! In CC mode, the system sees a car in front of you as you come up on it and slows you down as needed to maintain your distance, then accelerates back up to your cruising speed when one of you changes lanes or speed ahead picks up. Saves all that fiddling with the cruise speed to keep good spacing. I went long distances touching neither pedal, even in traffic. I guess lots of cars have this kind of thing now, but it's the first time I've seen it. Didn't know if I'd like it at all, having the car do some of my driving for me, but I absolutely do. Even better than "almost bearable."
thumbsup.gif

(Since it rained all the way up and back, I was even glad to be driving and not riding.)

Wow! I drove a rental car around here for a couple of days and HATED the adaptive cruise.

Change lanes, and the car decelerates because the car doesn't like how close I'm following the guy in front. Or, just cruising along watching the scenery, look down and realize I'm no longer at 70 mph, because the car has decided to match speeds with the car in front, rather than indicate that he's slow and I should change lanes and pass.

The machines are becoming self-aware.

(And I'll wave at you when I'm driving the Outback. Look for a black one with mud splattered all over ... without adaptive cruise control.)

I rented a Camry 2 years ago that had the adaptive cruise, it was ok but I really liked the self dimming headlights at night. May not be so hot for city driving but it's the bees knees out in the rural areas with lighter traffic.

I recently saw a post on FB that indicated CC should not be used in the rain.
+1, Gunny!

I think they meant Facebook should not be used in the rain.