Who is going to JAX?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
swing1000.jpg
The only interesting point on this entire route is crossing the Sidney Lanier Bridge in Brunswick, GA. The other 997 miles will look much the same. 95, 16 & 10 are about as exciting as watching paint dry.

Ya'll are a different breed...that's for sure.
smile.png

Be sure to give me the single finger salute as you pass my home between points I & H
fuck.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
The only interesting point on this entire route is crossing the Sidney Lanier Bridge in Brunswick, GA. The other 997 miles will look much the same. 95, 16 & 10 are about as exciting as watching paint dry.
smile.png

Be sure to give me the single finger salute as you pass my home between points I & H
fuck.gif
I disagree... I-16 is more boring than any of the others.

I thought you lived farther north. It seems you live in my back yard ;) High Falls here.

As to different breed....

The IBA will; give me a number if I complete the ride according to their rules in under 24 hours. Nobody else will have me
sadsmiley.gif

smile.png

fuck.gif
I disagree... I-16 is more boring than any of the others.

I thought you lived farther north. It seems you live in my back yard
wink.png
High Falls here.

As to different breed....

The IBA will; give me a number if I complete the ride according to their rules in under 24 hours. Nobody else will have me
sadsmiley.gif
PM Sent...neighbor.
smile.png

Skoot, you looked much better in my skirt than I did in your pants
smile.png

Lou and I will be in Jax, hope to be able to see ya at some point.

I will be there as well. Arriving Thursday evening and departing Saturday morning. Not sure which bike I'll have by then ;)

Was planning on being there but ran into a conflict. Just cancelled with the IBA tonight but still have a standard room with two queens at party central which I thought someone here might be able to make use of. If anyone's interested shoot me a PM by Monday.

Does the IBA give refunds? I didn't think so, but could be wrong. I did see an email that they are allowing transfers through March 1 if you follow the procedure in the email. I'd offer a copy of the email, but I must have deleted it. If you need the info, post up here, I'm sure someone has it still.

In years past, we've overflowed to the LaQuinta next door, have folks been put over there yet? Wendy called me personally the year I was initially put over there, but by the time of the event, enough folks had cancelled or otherwise rooms at the Ramada became available. It is literally next door, so if anyone gets a room at La Quinta, don't fret, it's even stumbling distance if you're so inclined.
smile.png

Yup - refunds but with deadlines, which of course is reasonable. I might have it backwards but for the SS they asked for cancellation by 2/6 and for the dinner 2/25. (I think. Don't quote me there.) I sent an email asking to do so and by the next day my PayPal account was credited for the full amount. Kudos.

As far as the Ramada, I have no idea if they're booked up or not but from what I've read it seems like it might be a possibility. I still have the room if anyone wants.

well, good, I'm glad you got sorted out. I dug around and found the email, I was gonna post up the info, but you got it sorted out all on your own!

well, good, I'm glad you got sorted out. I dug around and found the email, I was gonna post up the info, but you got it sorted out all on your own!
I searched too, as of late I have been checking email quite often (
rolleyes.gif
) I must have deleted mine.

Still awaiting word on the BBG they said would become available at a later date. Has anyone heard anything new on this?

I should have signed up for the SS1000 "Swing" and stopped by Traxxion to have my spring service done in route.

Could have killed 2 birds with one stone.

ooooo, did 'they' say when they're going to send out congratulations or sorry, not this time letters? so exciting! I'm excited for all of you!! I'm also excited for me, getting to visit NM and hang out with good friends. I am definitely bringing a large supply of breath mints, deodorant spray and possibly an array of heavily scented candles if I work the scoring table this time. My goodness, I hope I never smelled *that* bad. There were a couple that were so bad, I could hardly think to score them.

ooooo, did 'they' say when they're going to send out congratulations or sorry, not this time letters? so exciting! I'm excited for all of you!! I'm also excited for me, getting to visit NM and hang out with good friends. I am definitely bringing a large supply of breath mints, deodorant spray and possibly an array of heavily scented candles if I work the scoring table this time. My goodness, I hope I never smelled *that* bad. There were a couple that were so bad, I could hardly think to score them.
Last time the email came on a Sunday evening - I think the Superbowl trumped the selections last week.
rolleyes.gif

My application was a last minute decision, Alaska awaits should I not be chosen! So either way is OK with me (I broke my promise of 1 and done anyway)

AND remember Kitty … What happens at the scoring tables - stays at the scoring tables! In other words… "We were all fresh and smelled like roses"

And you just reminded me how much I hated the stress of the checkpoints … Is it too late to withdraw?

I will be there and will be doing the rally planning seminar again and I will be joined by one of the worlds best rally riders Alex Schmitt. Together we will be providing how we do it. If you are interested then be in the lobby of the host hotel at 7:00 PM. We have a conference room setup close to there.

I will be there and will be doing the rally planning seminar again and I will be joined by one of the worlds best rally riders Alex Schmitt. Together we will be providing how we do it. If you are interested then be in the lobby of the host hotel at 7:00 PM. We have a conference room setup close to there.
Greg,

Do you have to be registered for the banquet to attend?

Tony,

I would think since the IBA is providing the room they would like it if people who attended were also registered for the event. But since the event is sold out it probably does not matter. I will send an email to Lisa and she what she says.

Tony,
I would think since the IBA is providing the room they would like it if people who attended were also registered for the event. But since the event is sold out it probably does not matter. I will send an email to Lisa and she what she says.
Thats what I get for holding out for the BBG, I just thought it would be cool to attempt a BBG on the Dakar. Maybe I need to reread the whole event posting,

perhaps the BBG will be taken from riders who signed up for the Swing SS1000 (?)

Tony, the last I heard was that the BBG ride information has not been released so there still may be an opportunity to attend the event.

Tony,

I *might* have a ticket if my husband's ship gets delayed. So pray for weather off the coast of Chile and if so, I'll be glad to sell you his ticket. If one comes up, though, grab it. But if you're still without a ticket and he can't join me, I will check with you before selling to the public.

BTW, I didn't name any names about scoring table stinkaroos. Just reminding riders that you might want to throw a little deodorant on and/or pop a breath mint before sitting down with the scorer....
smile.png

Tony,
I *might* have a ticket if my husband's ship gets delayed. So pray for weather off the coast of Chile and if so, I'll be glad to sell you his ticket. If one comes up, though, grab it. But if you're still without a ticket and he can't join me, I will check with you before selling to the public.

BTW, I didn't name any names about scoring table stinkaroos. Just reminding riders that you might want to throw a little deodorant on and/or pop a breath mint before sitting down with the scorer....
smile.png
I wish him good weather so you both can make the trip. Jax is in my back yard, so I don't fret about plans. Many people I'd like to see, might even do the Daytona Pizza gathering.

BTW- For me the IBR was the fastest 11 days riding ever. Warchild was my scorer in Cali. and Leg 2 turned out to be my only decent Leg in the rally.

Thanks for the consideration with the ticket !