Who is going to JAX?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awww, of course I want him to make it, especially since this trip is now interfering with a golf trip he had planned, but I'm used to it, so is he. But, if he can't, you get first dibs!

To those who have done this (Jax) before...

On the daytona web site

"The route will be provided in various formats, as well as GPS co-ordinates on February 20th" and

"Everything needed for the ride will be provided by February 20, 2014".

Is there somewhere else I need to look or will a link magically appear in my inbox?

Chuck,

When I did a Jax ride, it was the "Legends" and was not done with the current format. Having said that, I

would venture that you will receive an email with the different formats available for you to choose and use. They

will probably be in the form of attachments: GPX and other forms, select your file and dump it into your GPS or run

it through S&T, Basecamp … and play with it. Paper back-up might be a smart option for a worst case scenario. The only other

way I can imagine, would be on the actual site.

Have a fun ride!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Chuck,

Not sure if you're on LDRider, but I just saw a posting that the files have not gone out yet, but hopefully soon. But it sure sounded like they would be emailed to those who signed up for the ride in the email I saw. Patience, grasshoppah!
smile.png
I hope you have a great ride!

Chuck,When I did a Jax ride, it was the "Legends" and was not done with the current format. Having said that, I

would venture that you will receive an email with the different formats available for you to choose and use. They

will probably be in the form of attachments: GPX and other forms, select your file and dump it into your GPS or run

it through S&T, Basecamp … and play with it. Paper back-up might be a smart option for a worst case scenario. The only other

way I can imagine, would be on the actual site.

Have a fun ride!
Great idea on the paper back up. I hadn't thought of that. There is never a printer handy on the road
wink.png

Hey Chuck,
Not sure if you're on LDRider, but I just saw a posting that the files have not gone out yet, but hopefully soon. But it sure sounded like they would be emailed to those who signed up for the ride in the email I saw. Patience, grasshoppah!
smile.png
I hope you have a great ride!
Thanks, I was hoping they were just running late. I checked and I'm still signed up
wink.png

edit Tks for mentioning LDRider, had been meaning to sign up and never got around to it. My (todays) sub request was approved.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's getting close!

I have little piles of crap everywhere to organize and pack...

The weather forecast is out for next week....

The good news is police radar doesn't work in the rain, or they don't like to stand out in the rain writing tickets....

I was out puttering around with the cruiser buddies today and had the chance to scout around Macon a bit.

Cecckpoint #8. Macon, GA (Fort Benjamin Hawkins) is in a rather unsavory part of town.

I would recommend this be a quick stop.

If you need fuel in the Macon area, one of my favorite stations is the Flash Foods on Bass road. Take exit 172 and its on the right.

To get out easier go to the right toward the CVS (side road) and you can have a stop light to turn left at. There is also a Dairy Queen if you need an ice cream fix.

This is a fairly new station and may not be on all the map yet.

I was out puttering around with the cruiser buddies today and had the chance to scout around Macon a bit.Cecckpoint #8. Macon, GA (Fort Benjamin Hawkins) is in a rather unsavory part of town.

I would recommend this be a quick stop.
Chuck… Where is your sense of adventure? Linger and finger - this will add to your sense of "Making Tracks" that prevails during a cert. run.
no.gif

Looks like I will be at the dinner after all.IF I ride fast enough!
Did you score a dinner ticket?

Hoagy is coming down and staying @ my place Thursday night, then is sharing a room Fri night @ Jax.
Sure did ! … Don't actually have it "In hand" … and it IS coming from an unreliable source … Least I HOPE I have a ticket
unsure.png

Hoagy is coming down and staying @ my place Thursday night, then is sharing a room Fri night @ Jax.
Sure did ! … Don't actually have it "In hand" … and it IS coming from an unreliable source … Least I HOPE I have a ticket
unsure.png
I talked to your source today. You may get the ticket, you may have to sneak in....

unsure.png
I talked to your source today. You may get the ticket, you may have to sneak in....
He is just upset over my test ride "Threats" … I told him the only decision for me to make was "Which bike" and "High side" or "Low side"

Hoagy? Now it sounds like we will have the "Fun Table" again?
jester.gif

as a non-IBA member but a friend of such, I'm attending as a strap-hanger (and to show off my new baby). A contingent of us are gathering tomorrow a.m. in Chester, VA, at 0700 and plan to arrive in the area of 1700-1800. Will hang out on Friday (maybe head over to Olustee Battlefield from some historifying), attend the shenanigans that evening, and then di di mau north to Macon for some Allman Brothers tourism, meet my brother, and ride together to the Charlotte area for an overnight...then home on Sunday.

Latest posts