Who is going to JAX?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as a non-IBA member but a friend of such, I'm attending as a strap-hanger (and to show off my new baby). A contingent of us are gathering tomorrow a.m. in Chester, VA, at 0700 and plan to arrive in the area of 1700-1800. Will hang out on Friday (maybe head over to Olustee Battlefield from some historifying), attend the shenanigans that evening, and then di di mau north to Macon for some Allman Brothers tourism, meet my brother, and ride together to the Charlotte area for an overnight...then home on Sunday
I hope you got out ahead of the weather we are having now.

as a non-IBA member but a friend of such, I'm attending as a strap-hanger (and to show off my new baby). A contingent of us are gathering tomorrow a.m. in Chester, VA, at 0700 and plan to arrive in the area of 1700-1800. Will hang out on Friday (maybe head over to Olustee Battlefield from some historifying), attend the shenanigans that evening, and then di di mau north to Macon for some Allman Brothers tourism, meet my brother, and ride together to the Charlotte area for an overnight...then home on Sunday
I hope you got out ahead of the weather we are having now.
I did. Made it back about an hour before the sleet.

Had a good time. Sorry I didn't get to meet anyone from the forum. Next time! It was fun, though I was shocked and a little saddened at the lack of mention of John Ryan and Ardis Kellerman's passing. Kinda...head-scratching.

I had a very good time, had a trio of newer folks at my dinner table and it was nice to chat with friends new and old.

Lou had a great time, he found lots of jellyfish and a dead bird on the beach, an old hotdog by the dumpster behind the hotel, not to mention the snacks everyone shared with him
smile.png

I had a very good time, had a trio of newer folks at my dinner table and it was nice to chat with friends new and old.
Lou had a great time, he found lots of jellyfish and a dead bird on the beach, an old hotdog by the dumpster behind the hotel, not to mention the snacks everyone shared with him
smile.png
I saw the 2 of you and it gave me a smile that he was able to make it. I also got the chance to pick up a copy of "Hard Miles 2", which I have watched like 4 times - so far!

Watching that '09 rally was what hooked me into the IBA. Hearing the "Side of the mouth talk" about the '15 rally, makes me think it will go down as a classic one also.

With Harley, BMW, Honda and FJR all with top riders entering, this could be a classic! Old Pro vs. heavily sponsored vs. young brute force vs female greats… Better stop there!

Its gonna be fun to watch these Top Dogs !!!

Jim Shaw left Ardis and John`s ashes near the left front pillar near the entrance to the Ramada.

No worries! I suspect that was Don and lots of people have thought we were married over the years. Lou, the dog, was probably in the car if it was around dinner time. Being a chick on her own at these sausage parties, I get married off to lots of people. Probably the most offensive was when someone thought I was married to WARCHILD!