Who is the best Yami dealer in Northwest?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just picked up a sweet little R1200C to placate my winter blues and add to my eclectic stable of two wheeled delights but continue to look forward to the day I throw my leather clad leg over an FJR. May go after the '06 if it becomes available but will probobly order new for '07 and would like input about the most reputable dealers in the greater Seattle area.

I've used both Eastside Motosports in Bellevue and Motoplex in Lynnwood for some service and parts and have been generally happy. They are both reputable, but the Seattle market is firm and you're not going to get any smoking deals.

Sunnyside is hardly in the "greater Seattle area" but they will definitely make a deal that the Seattle area dealers won't touch.

- Mark

Sunnyside deserves the biz !!

They put on the FJR tech sessions, contribute to WFO prizes and were instumental ( along with Warchild ) to raise holy hell over " the tick " and get Yamaha's head out their ass !

No one dealer has done as much for the FJR community as Sunnyside. :clap:

Talked to Yamaha the other day and asked if I could be on the list for an 2007.

He told me I would have to wait until info was placed on the internet site and then I could contact my Dealer. Isn't this great,I finally see a bike I really want and I can't even order one!

Talked to Yamaha the other day and asked if I could be on the list for an 2007.He told me I would have to wait until info was placed on the internet site and then I could contact my Dealer. Isn't this great,I finally see a bike I really want and I can't even order one!
Well, you're not going to be able to "order" a 2007 of any bike right now, so I'm not sure what you're expecting there. Some dealers will take a deposit and put you on a waiting list of some sort, but that's dealer thing and has nothing to do withi Yamaha.

I'm not a fan of the PDP either, but if you want a 2006, most dealers ordered extras for floor stock and you can probably find one and get your name on it if you call around. You're unlikely to get a great deal. however.

There may be a 2nd PDP for the 2006s too.

- Mark

Another vote for Sunnyside.

Dan Denchel and crew have been nothing but stellar in my dealings with them since my first 03 purchase in 02 until my 05 purchase in 04.

When I go looking for an FJR update I'll go back to Sunnyside.

Another satisfied Sunnyside customer here. I consider Sunnyside within the 'greater Boise FJR sphere of influence area' and Seattle is even closer. You get the added advantage of driving White Pass when you go there, verrry nice. (I get hiway 395 and an excellent variety of central Oregon twisty roads.)

Its well worth the trip over there for a great price and an FJR savvy service department. For any newbies reading this, note this dealership if you travel in the northwest. Great roads leading there from any direction. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
May go after the '06 if it becomes  available but will probobly order new for '07
Here's someone in Seattle selling their $500 Yamaha PDP for $700 https://seattle.craigslist.org/mcy/136232605.html
I don't know of a Seattle dealer that will "transfer a PDP slot" to someone else to begin with, and they certainly won't do it if they know the slot is being sold. This guy's a tool...

- Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
A slight tangent, but -- are there any dealers that should be avoided??

Experience so far has been positive, but I can't say whether they're good or bad with a problem, since I have't had any so far. I picked up my '05 at Renton Motorcycles - the bike's only been in the shop for the first check after the break-in period.

anyone have experience with them?

Another vote for Sunnyside. I don't have my bike yet, but throughout the '06 PDP process, they've been fantastic. Plus, their price blew the doors off anyone else i checked and I checked all over the NW. :D

I bought my bike at I-90 Yamaha in Issaquah in 2005. Can't say I got a screaming deal, but they let me test ride the FJR twice and the ST1300 once (that's all I cared to ride on that thing).