Who needs a GPS on their bike

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

04FJR4ME

Reaction score
I seen it all, even the damn Vespa need a GPS! :D

Vespa04.jpg

Vespa01.jpg

That's gay. Even the color matches the gps.....but, I bet slapnpop likes it. :p

No, the US is just way behind when it comes to mini transportation and technology. We would rather ride 3 miles in a gas guzzler than cruise on a scooter. Go around the world and see how many scooters are being used. They did a test on commuting in the UK. The scooter won hands down over the motorcycle and the car. Included was time gearing up and parking etc. Plus they probably use the GPS to find shopping malls.

Oops! Missed your post. Sorry. That red blinded me.

Acutally, I'd be up for the floral print jobby that was penned in Santa Babs. It's way cute! :D

Looks like Scooters may be making a comeback. I'm surprised they have not made any style changes over the years. Looks like the Yamaha CA50 Riva or the 180Riva that I had in 1984. They were easy to get around on. :D

I'll bet they will have a cell phone mount next.

They did a test on commuting in the UK. The scooter won hands down over the motorcycle and the car. Included was time gearing up and parking etc.
If I "geared up" with as little gear as most scooter riders wear, then I can't see it being any different between scooter and motorcycle.

Looks like Scooters may be making a comeback.  I'm surprised they have not made any style changes over the years.
Honda. Suzuki, Aprilla (and probably others) have introduced some modern-to-futuristic looking scoots, only to learn that many of the buyers want the retro Vespa~Lambretta look of their youth. (I'm holding out `till HD brings back the pull-start Topper!)

One of my riding buds that still lives in the "big city" bought a Big Ruckus for around-towing. Claims it's much more fun and convenient, not to mention easier on his 75-year-old back than his Monstor, Multistrudle or 1150RT.

Last edited by a moderator: