Who was it?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murph

Reaction score
Saw a blue FJR headed north/west on I-290 at 6pm on Friday, 7/13. First letters of Illinois plate started with "AV".

I was in my cage, traffic was crawling, and road rage was setting in ... but then all my angst slid away as I appreciated the fine bike in front of me! Then my road rage was replaced by jealousy as I thought it should be ME riding! <_<

Was it someone on here?

:rolleyes: Not me either.. That's my daily route but took this afternoon off.

Noticed a blue FJR today at around 6:30 pm heading north on Milwaukee Ave - just south of Rte 60. I was riding south.. didn't notice the plate. Looking at the time, I am making a guess that it is the same bike.

cheers!

- Scotch :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm no shrink, Murph, but is it possible that between the road rage and knowing you should have been riding instead of driving the cage that the sighting may have been a hallucination :eek:mg: ????

I'm no shrink, Murph, but is it possible that between the road rage and knowing you should have been riding instead of driving the cage that the sighting may have been a hallucination :eek:mg: ????
That very well could be the explanation. I thought I saw the rider pointing at me and laughing....and all of the other drivers were talking about me! :blink: Or those might just have been bad peppers on the 3 Superdawgs I had for lunch. <_<

Saw a blue FJR headed north/west on I-290 at 6pm on Friday, 7/13. First letters of Illinois plate started with "AV".
I was in my cage, traffic was crawling, and road rage was setting in ... but then all my angst slid away as I appreciated the fine bike in front of me! Then my road rage was replaced by jealousy as I thought it should be ME riding! <_<

Was it someone on here?
I did meet a guy on a blue FJR on the Midnight Ride (Jersey Pine Cruisers) on 7/14 who said he was from Schaumburg and I think his plate did start with "AV". I did ask him if he had seen this forum and he just said he checks it out every so often, I did not ask him if he was a member.

He's probably one of the smart ones that doesn't register just to avoid getting dog piled by old sarcastic farts.