Whoa! Oh Sh..! @&*$%*!%!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twowheelnut

R.I.P. Our Motorcycling Friend
Reaction score
As I was riding home on the frontage road, a route that goes past Santa Barbara Harley Davidson, I noticed a small gathering of shop employees across the street from the HD driveway peering into the hedgerow that separates the street from an adjoining greenhouse. Also in the group, was a rider with helmet in hand looking into the hedges.

As I slowed up I saw the reason for the gathering: The rider had stuffed his brand new Harley something-or-other into the hedges! Poor thing looked all sad lying there on it's side with hedge branches poking up through it's spokes!

All I can think is that the rider was a greenhorn or the unfamiliar controls spooked him or sumpin'. Not a good day for the new owner, for sure. :(

Be careful out there all you noobie '06ers! ;)

All I can think is that the rider was a greenhorn or the unfamiliar controls spooked him or sumpin'. Not a good day for the new owner, for sure. :(
Well, I'm sure they covered controls in the MSF class he took, right before he got his new bike, right? You should've stopped and asked. Maybe the hedge pulled out in front of him.

+1 on "noobies" being careful.

Man, that sucks! At some point it doesn't matter what someone is riding when the unthinkable happens. The poor dude, I hope it isn't "brand new" used bike.

We've read enough on our own sites to know how easy it is to be surprised by a new bike we are unfamiliar with. It stops different, feels different, etc., ad infinitum.

Probably too busy checking out his reflection on the greenhouse glass to pay attention to where he was going :haha:

Hey, TWN, I was just gettin ready to head out the door for a ride -

And your email reminded me to watch out for those darn hedges - I'll work to avoid them at all costs.

:lol:

Now let's see if I can back my bike down my 6% grade driveway.

:blink:

wow i have not seen that term in ages GREENHORN from my area a greenhorn is someone body that just came off the boat from Italy . and yea i am Italian.

Shop employees? Plural? Wonder why they weren't trying to pick it up.
FL,

They probably wanted to charge him extra. After buying the Harley, there probably wasn't much room left on the plastic for the "Help Me Back Up" charge! :haha: :D

I was told a story by a neighbor that was at a Harley dealership when a guy took delivery. He was tooling around a parking lot slowly and didn't seem to know how to turn and put his front end right into the rear quarter panel of a pick up. He said it was the strangest thing to see someone slowy drive a bike right into the side of a pick up without doing a thing to stop, turn, or evade. Turns out the guy had never rode before he picked up his new bike.

The bike was wedged deep into the hedgerow. They were prolly thinking about the best way to yank it outta there with the least amount of addtional damage.

The bike was wedged deep into the hedgerow. They were prolly thinking about the best way to yank it outta there with the least amount of addtional damage.
Ouch...talk about a heart breaker. Just imagining myself in such a situation is a bummer.

I noticed a small gathering of shop employees across the street from the HD driveway peering into the hedgerow that separates the street from an adjoining greenhouse. Also in the group, was a rider with helmet in hand looking into the hedges.
Oh there's a bustle in your hedgerow....