Who's got the oldest FJR with the least miles?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The previous owner of my bike would have beat all of ya. It's an 03 and when I bought it in 06 it only had 2600 miles on it!! Up to about 11,500 now. :yahoo: This is one contest I don't mind loosing!!

Ray

PS ...and before anyone says it I know there are a lot of you iron butt guys out there that'll do 11,000 in a couple days. :clapping: I'm workin' my up to that level.....gimme some time. <_<

Ray

04 I've owned for 4 months (3rd owner), 5400 miles I put 1000 of those on it. 104 degrees in the shade today and I'm not riding in it cause I don't have too! :p

The previous owner of my bike would have beat all of ya. It's an 03 and when I bought it in 06 it only had 2600 miles on it!! Up to about 11,500 now. :yahoo: This is one contest I don't mind loosing!!
Ray

PS ...and before anyone says it I know there are a lot of you iron butt guys out there that'll do 11,000 in a couple days. :clapping: I'm workin' my up to that level.....gimme some time. <_<

Ray
I believe the record is around 10,500 or so miles in seven days on this forum...and this planet. :) Right Warchild? Exactly how many miles was that in seven days?

I bought my '05 from a fella that had only 2400mi on it, back in April. I would suspect he's the winner. About 6500 on her now, and thet's splitting my time between three bikes...

The previous owner of my bike would have beat all of PS ...and before anyone says it I know there are a lot of you iron butt guys out there that'll do 11,000 in a couple days. :clapping: I'm workin' my up to that level.....gimme some time. <_<
I believe the record is around 10,500 or so miles in seven days on this forum...and this planet. :) Right Warchild? Exactly how many miles was that in seven days?
Dang!! I seriously doubt I'll ever be able to do something like that....maybe back when I was younger, but not now...that's for sure!

Just read part of a magazine article about the Iron Torch Ride from Alaska to Key West. I'm gettin a bad case of monkey butt just reading about that kind of riding!

Ray

Step back - we have the winner as regards 'oldest' (but not least miles). Build date May 2001, VIN ending in ......0116. Also black, Gainsi, the original quick ones before they started detuning them. Registered in April '04, about 70,000k's.

I just bought an '05 with 750 miles on it. I know you guys eliminated previous owners, but this guy would have won hands down. Said he bought it on a whim. Outfitted it with a taller windscreen, Autocom system, reworked drivers seat, and bar risers. Bought a tank bra and bike cover, and then proceeded to put a whole 750 miles on it in just under two years.

05 I purchased in June 05....1500 km ( about 900 miles)

That is really lame but I seem to have too much going on in my life to find some time to ride the bike.

My Father took a ride on my 03 and fell in love, whadda surprise, eh?

Anyway, I rode down Saturday from C Springs to Prescott AZ to help him look, he narrowed it down to 2 FJR's in the immediate 100 miles, one, which he bought, was an 04 with 7100 miles, Staintune cans, large screen, and a sargent seat.

The other, which I saw with mine own eyes, was an 03 purchased in march 04. It had 927 miles on the odo. Now I know it doesn't qualify for this forums purpose, but just had to share... there is an unidentified owner of a 2003 FJR with less than 1000 miles ridden since purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't this thread say who "owns" the bike not one for sale sitting in a dealers store somewhere?

Flint :rolleyes:

The one I saw was 'owned'. In some guy's garage in Flagstaff, Arizona, where he had it for sale in the cycletrader. I verified the odometer with my own eyes.