Who's installed the FuzeBlocks FZ-1 on their bike?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have an FZ-1 Fuse Block and Ground Bus that's been sitting on my shelf waiting for me to install it. I searched to see if someone on here had done and installation video or posted information but can't seem to find it. I just need information on where to connect the +VT for switched power source on the bike. I have a 16 FJR 1300A. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

I have my FZ-1 installed under the seat along with my Gerbing electric heat controller. I ran the trigger wire back to the tail light wire and tapped it.
Not sure if that will work for a later FJR with LED lighting...
(I also tapped the tail light for the FZ-1 Fuzeblock on my 2011)

I have my FZ-1 installed under the seat along with my Gerbing electric heat controller. I ran the red trigger wire back to the tail light wire and tapped it. I installed a bullet connector so I can easily disconnect it if needed.

View attachment 690View attachment 691
Thanks for the response. This along with some other info has helped me to make a decision. I just purchased a fuse block bracket from RoadRunner so I can mount it out of the way. Fuse holder is on it's way for the positive to battery and I will wire up once all are in hand. Can't wait to get my accessories in place.

I mounted mine back in the tail of my 07, made up a little bracket out of acouple of pieces of Al Angle and a piece of Lexan.
DSCN1051.jpg

DSCN1050.jpg

DSCN1047.jpg
DSCN1046.jpg

For a trigger I used the heated grips power wire as they don't come on thill the bike is running.
Funny thing is that just in the last few months I thought that mine had took a dump, replaced it with one that a friend had and still had the same problem! Remembering what the G man said "go back to where you started and sure enough I found a loose conection where I had replace the 2nd to my 07's battery!
Eric was a Dumb Ass!

I've had one on my '16 for 3 years. Under seat where I can get at it really easy. Need a heavy power wire (fused) and a "trigger" - This is the way I did it.

Attachments

• IMG_6442.JPG
    IMG_6442.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 59
  • AddACircuit1.jpg
    AddACircuit1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 59
Hi Robbo, it's not clear to me from the AddACircuit1 photo where the red wire from the piggyback fuse goes...does it become the blue wire which enters your loom. Cheers, Fred

Hi Robbo, it's not clear to me from the AddACircuit1 photo where the red wire from the piggyback fuse goes...does it become the blue wire which enters your loom. Cheers, Fred
Hi Fred, that is correct. Sorry, pic does not show that very well. I like to hook up at the front rather than tap the rear lights because everything is there already. If the main power cable to the FZ-1 is large enough, you can use that as a jump start point if required. Better getting under the seat than to the battery. Who would put a battery there anyway? Not everything about the FJR is perfect😜
Room in the tail is a bit more limited in the gen 3 models because of the LED lights and the inertia sensor is also there. I have a “Gaurald stiffy” on the back as well.
Good luck, just make sure everything is fused. Cheers

Hi Fred, that is correct. Sorry, pic does not show that very well. I like to hook up at the front rather than tap the rear lights because everything is there already. If the main power cable to the FZ-1 is large enough, you can use that as a jump start point if required. Better getting under the seat than to the battery. Who would put a battery there anyway? Not everything about the FJR is perfect😜
Room in the tail is a bit more limited in the gen 3 models because of the LED lights and the inertia sensor is also there. I have a “Gaurald stiffy” on the back as well.
Good luck, just make sure everything is fused. Cheers
Can I also suggest to wire the negative all the way to the battery. Don’t use the frame. You can always the 100% sure that way rather than relying on metal/aluminium transfer.

I've had one on my '16 for 3 years. Under seat where I can get at it really easy. Need a heavy power wire (fused) and a "trigger" - This is the way I did it.
Robbo, from the AddACircuit1 picture it appears that you have your connections to the battery running to a relay up front?

May I ask what the reasoning for this was, when the Fuzeblock has a relay built-in?

John