why so tall?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For what it's worth, are you sure the seat on the FJR you sat on wasn't in the "up" position. As touched on once already, it does adjust up and down an inch or so. Might be worth another look. Good luck. You may be 5'7" but you might also be female. If so, MM2 won't mind talking down to you as much.

Being flat footed is over rated, if you concentrate and get the balls of the feet down you will be fine. I would work with a local seat upholsterer to shave a compressed seat down half an inch. I took the 4 rubber feet off the bottom of my 07 for another 1/4". I am 67" with a 28.5" inseam. On the AE model use 2nd or 3rd gear in tight maneuvers around garages, parking lots and u turns. You just can't let the minder wander too much.

Being flat footed is over rated, if you concentrate and get the balls of the feet down you will be fine.
Agree with that, for all but the least experienced rider. I balance a lowered FJR on my tiptoes, which is downright scary at time, but do-able. My other bike, which is a lot lighter, lets me have the balls of my feet down. That feels like total luxury, security and comfort. Don't think I've EVER ridden anything that I could flat foot. (Don't think they make anything that low).

Latest posts