Wilbers Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Add me to the list for the Wilburs shock-with fork springs if offered. I just missed the last buy, and the downtime season is nigh.

JimV.....many knowledgeable suspension tuners consider the Wilbers to be the equal of Ohlins and a number of international race teams actually prefer the Wilbers.

I was apart of the first group buy and purchased a shock w/preload adj. from Klaus. Ranks right up there with the best money spent for my FJR. This go-round I'm going for the fork springs, hopefully I can order just the fork springs. True/false ?

Heard from Klaus today.

He is tweaking on his pricing model for the upcoming Group Buy, and he should have something to me by mid-next week, thereabouts.

This one will go faster, since there will be no waiting until enough sign-ups happen before the GB gets rolling.... you order your shock, pay your deposit, he gets it into the German factory work queue, and everything rolls from there.

We didn't specifically discuss fork springs, but no worries, I'm sure he'll offer them as well.

Yeah..... I want both also... and a New stylie (non-GAY) Super brace...

Thanks again Warchild for getting all the connections in place... That is very much appreciated by all who you help...

Can't wait to hear the news... :)

Warp

Last edited by a moderator:
This one will go faster, since there will be no waiting until enough sign-ups happen before the GB gets rolling.... you order your shock, pay your deposit, he gets it into the German factory work queue, and everything rolls from there.
I could be wrong about this, but in Germany, don't they shut down virtually EVERYTHING for like a month around x-mas/new years??

No, the big shutdown in Europe is typically the last week of July and 1st 2 weeks of August.

The end of the year is just people spending remaining vacation time.

Which does create delays at times.

Ack! I didn't want to spend anymore money on the bike this year, but after swapping bikes with Skooter for about 50 miles, I see why the Wilburs is a good thing to have. I never noticed how soft the ass end of my bike felt when rally prepped. Dammit! There's goes the Christmas gifts for the family..... my little girl needs to get her ass stiffend up.... :blink:

Hows this..... not sure if its the same unit... but I'd bet it prob is....

Dam that looks hot.... :)

FJR1300ABS-641-625-629-1000.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hows this.....  not sure if its the same unit...  but I'd bet it prob is....
Dam that looks hot.... :)

FJR1300ABS-641-625-629-1000.jpg
It sure does look gay ass hot. :bleh:

supergay.gif

This is the non gay ass version and you will notice that in both pics the remote fittings are not in the best position for routing. IIRC Klaus has a handle on this now. ;)

P5250043.jpg

Oh man. It was hard enough to convince myself to break open my wallet for the plain Wilber. Then I decided that I must have the remote preload, and the fork springs. And now I'm thinking about the remote damping. My pocket feels lighter before I even place an order. :eek:

This is the non gay ass version and you will notice that in both pics the remote fittings are not in the best position for routing. IIRC Klaus has a handle on this now.

Correction, that is the fagoty-ass version of the shock. :p ;) :D

This is the non gay ass version and you will notice that in both pics the remote fittings are not in the best position for routing. IIRC Klaus has a handle on this now.

Correction, that is the fagoty-ass version of the shock. :p ;) :D
It's difficult to keep up with all the technical terminology. :D

Latest posts