Wilbers Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me? Close to WC? Never met the man. Personally, I think he's a myth. You know, kinda like Nessie or Sasquatch. :dntknw: I mean, c'mon! Eight kids, two jobs, lots of LD rallies, multiple forums to run, three bikes always in need of farkling, maintaining or repair, tech articles, desert Barbie Doll molesting... Do you really think he's for real? Prolly more like a couple of evil clones that Slappy and Spinny Head gave birth to doing all that stuff. :scare2:
Anyway, anyone know how many clicks of rebound is ideal for my Wilbers? :D
Oh, that's just wrong!!!

Also request that a 40mm rider sag be acheived with zero preload added on the spring when you ride solo.  The 40mm rider sag should be achieved with only initial preload that is set from the factory.
With the above information, you should be good to go, I think. :blink:
That was where I messed up initially. I got 40mm dynamic sag after 20 clicks on the remote preload. I failed to take into consideration max weight under rally conditions. It was great commuting, but load up a Fastbag, max up the saddle bags, etc. and there was no extra pre-load to use.

Now I'm at perfect dynamic sag with max negative clicks when no bags or extra gear are on the bike. I click up when the bags are on and loaded for commuting. I then have a lot of clicks left for when packs for extended trips and/or 2-up.

Last edited by a moderator:
WTF?

Going through the threads I see no "notifications" simply "waiting for Klaus to tweak his pricing." I see no contact info. Maybe I'm blind, but what's up with this group buy? On, off, done what?

WTF?
Going through the threads I see no "notifications" simply "waiting for Klaus to tweak his pricing." I see no contact info. Maybe I'm blind, but what's up with this group buy? On, off, done what?
Yep, As I said before I don't see where anyone was notified.

I have no idea how it was suppose to work.

Were we to email WC and he kept record and when the time came he PM'd those people privately?

If we were to keep an eye on this thread as I thought for a BUY TODAY type notice I never saw one.

Maybe I misunderstand how these things work or maybe WC was pissed off from other people giving him a hard time and decided to not tell anyone.

I have no idea.

Oh well, like WC said there is next year.

But since I don't know how the notification works I will likely miss it next year as well...

One of two things is prolly happening:

WC has commented that he's seriously fed-up with group buys due mostly to the amount of wanking and complaining that everyone does. Witness the shit he had to put up with from XJRGUY on the HID buy. So he may have tossed in his group buy hat.

The other possibility is that the final details are not yet complete and judging from his last post wherein he said...

That's unfortunate.....  oh, well, maybe next year....
...might just very well mean that the buy might get released in January.

Then again, he could just be fucking with you! :dntknw: :D :p ;)

Did I mention how much the Wilbers shock rocks? No? Well let me tell ya... :punk: :haha:

The other possibility is that the final details are not yet complete and judging from his last post wherein he said...

That's unfortunate.....  oh, well, maybe next year....
...might just very well mean that the buy might get released in January.

Then again, he could just be fucking with you! :dntknw: :D :p ;)

Did I mention how much the Wilbers shock rocks? No? Well let me tell ya... :punk: :haha:
Alternately, he could have meant "year" as defined by something other than the Gregorian Calendar.

And yes, the Wilbers shock Rock big time. Suspension upgrades are some of the most effective dollars anyone can spend on most bikes. And, considering the quality of the Wilbers and the discount of the first GP, it was a mondo-rockin' investment!

Yeah, same here...

Although I've been in China since Nov 4 I've been bird-dogging this Forum for the word GO everytime I could get hold of an Internet connection, and now it's over??? :blink: C'mon guys, this is a put on <_<

Then again, he could just be fucking with you!
Er, I sure would not put it past him...and TWN ;)

They'd better be yanking our chain as I have 5 firm orders in my pocket and I really don't know what I am gonna tell my buddies :bigeyes:

Stef