Will 07 accessories fit a 2013 model?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

two wheels

Reaction score
Wondering if the crash bars and other accessories on my 07 will fit a 2013 model?
Thinking about buying a 2013.I have a 07 now with a few parts I would want to transfer to the 2013 such as crash bars front and rear as well as suspension ( forks and rear shock) my Lamm seats ,Bar risers ? thank You.

Seat for sure. I put this in the compatibility matrix.

Rear shock also and likely forks (although I'm a Gen 3 ES guy these days). Generally speaking it's the nose that's different between Gen 2 and 3 (and injection system) and the same frame, middle, and rear. So, attachment points on the frame like crash bars behind the nose is likely to fit between Gen 2 and 3.

I have GP front suspension on my 07 forks ( like a dream) and ohlin rear shock so i want to transfer them to the 13.I was sure on the seats, And suspension BUT Not 100% on the crash Bars.Ill probably swap the silver wheels over to the 13 as well. Also was wondering about my GIVI rear rack BUT if you say the frames are the same I should have no problems.Thank You.

A few years ago moved all the goodies from my '09 to a '15. Confirming that seats and suspension bits are an easy swap. With crash bars...it depends. Hard attachment points are the same but the different fairing design from '13 and newer might not play well with your crash bars.

~G