Will a Corbin Smuggler fit with the Givi 357 rack AND a front RDL?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I marked the plate at the edge of the Smuggler then removed it. I made a slit on each mark from rear to front about 1/2 across the width of the plate. I added two pieces of scrap aluminum I had as spacers, 1/4" thick, and reattached the plate using #10 screws from the outside in with flat and lock washers and a nut on the inside. Then it was trial and error to get enough bend on the edges to slip under the latch points. I then went back and added rubber electrical insulating tape to the aluminum spacers where they meet the Smuggler and tightened everything down. Been fine since, easy on & off, no rattling. I use both the stock and a Sargent seat, they both work fine with this.

Next is to get the lid to seat a little tighter. Haven't had it leak, it's just a little looser than I like it to be.

(click for bigger pic)
View attachment 4355View attachment 4356
Hey - Thanks for taking the time to write this up and send some pictures. It's a little confusing the Rivets vs. Bolts dilemma, but I'll figure it out. The bottom line is... IT CAN BE DONE. My brother-in-law has a little machine shop in his garage, so between the two of us, we'll make it work.