Winter riding

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent

Who said FJR's don't do dirt?
Reaction score
It was a beautiful 70 degree day today, so I fired up the old FJR and headed to parts never visited (by me) before. I wound up at the summit of Mount Diablo, one of the taller hills in the area. B)

DSC_2513.jpg

To bad the smog was out today

DSC_2521.jpg

The FJR wasnt the only hot ride at the summit, check out this Hot Rod

DSC_2528.jpg

Observation deck at the summit of Mt. Diablo

DSC_2532.jpg

This ones for all you peeps in those showed in areas! :assassin:

In your second picture, is that Mt. Tam. on the horizon?

Looks like you had a nice day.

Mike

It is becoming more and more evident to me that I may actually move to the mysical land of "kawi-forn-ya."

2 yrs left in Kentucky, and then I'm looking at moving to the Central Cost, or Southern Ca. Not going anywhere near L.A. though, that shit is not for me!

In your second picture, is that Mt. Tam. on the horizon?
I couldn't tell ya if that was Mt. Tam or not in the pic. Only reason I knew I was on Mt. diablo was the signs said so :p

It is becoming more and more evident to me that I may actually move to the mysical land of "kawi-forn-ya."
2 yrs left in Kentucky, and then I'm looking at moving to the Central Cost, or Southern Ca. Not going anywhere near L.A. though, that shit is not for me!
Central is where it's at B) SF Bay Area rocks. I couldn't handle white rain for very long :blink:

Thanks for the report.

My wife grew up nearby and mentions Mt. Diablo on occasion. I have seen it from the bottom but at least I now know what it looks like from the top!

Central is where it's at B) SF Bay Area rocks. I couldn't handle white rain for very long :blink:
Clovis, where you can still get a decent home for about 250k, and be somewhere nice in two hours any direction.

Clovis, where you can still get a decent home for about 250k, and be somewhere nice in two hours any direction.
Was hoping to move a little closer to the coast, however, I expect the closer you get to the coast the higher the housing costs. That's pretty typical in any city/state.

Sorry for the thread hi-jack by the way, but me the S.O. have been discussing this more and more.

Your report certainly puts a little extra emphasis on the fact that I wouldn't be missing 14 degrees feels like 2 with the wind chill! :angry:

Don't count the dfw metroplex out, keithaba........Year round riding minus a day or two for ice/snow.

Was hoping to move a little closer to the coast, however, I expect the closer you get to the coast the higher the housing costs. That's pretty typical in any city/state.

Sorry for the thread hi-jack by the way, but me the S.O. have been discussing this more and more.

Your report certainly puts a little extra emphasis on the fact that I wouldn't be missing 14 degrees feels like 2 with the wind chill! :angry:
:eek:fftopic: If you get into the Bay Area, expect to fork out 500k easy for a hovel. Prices are outta control out here. But we're close to just about everything B) We do have some very nice roads, and can't beat the weather.

Ray, you were on my patch and didn't call! That's okay. I woulda said "Can't ride today anyway."
Yes, that is Mt. Tamalpais in the distance.

Nice pics.
Don't be mad Hans. I thought about calling, but the notice for the ride would have been very short.

Central bubba, central. Come on out and I'll show you the region.

Retiring ?

Or planning on working ?

(need to live "in" a city ?)

If it was me retiring from anywhere back east, I'd want to be as close to the Cali coast as possible.

One of the nicest on the coast and near the twisties "towns" is Cambria ... but the housing costs ?

If I wanted to "get away from it all", but still be close enough to civilization, I'd probably go for

Santa Margarita ... Warm Summers, 30 minutes from some of the prettiest coastline in the world,

right next to some of the best roads imaginable, and "an hour or two" away from the cities ...

I was up there on Saturday.

Did Quimby, Mt. Hamilton, Mines Rd then went up to Mt. Diablo. You could even see the Sierra Nevada range.

I was up there on Saturday.

Did Quimby, Mt. Hamilton, Mines Rd then went up to Mt. Diablo. You could even see the Sierra Nevada range.