Winter!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fossilrider

Reaction score
image00172.jpg

After we received another 2 inchs of snow yesterday!

:blink: OK, you win.

I'm gonna stop complaining about the sucky Chicago weather now.

(but I still think the whole 'global warming' concept is made-up)

Last edited by a moderator:
Better things are on the way, I had to mow my lawn yesterday for the first time since end of last year. But I also had to yank out a bunch of moss from it, and when I did that I found grubs living under it. So then I had to put down grub killer, and that led to spraying weed killer, which almost led to fertilizing the lawn until I realized that would make the lawn grow faster. Knowing that would lead to even more time spent on yard work I came to my senses and went in the house to have a beer.

But, today they're saying snow level is supposed to be down to 500' tonight, so we may see snow/rain mix by tomorrow, lows in the upper 20's by end of the week. And the newspaper says old man winter may stick around for a while longer. Brilliant deduction.

Since my seat's still not back from Russell I'll use the weekend to do my very first in-house oil-change, diff gear oil change, rear wheel removal, and lubing of the splines, shaft, and U-joints. Thanks to everybody for documenting this stuff here on the forum, fjr1300.info, and fjrtech.com (WC, you da man!) so I can know how to do it (always ridden H-D's with belts before, so never needed to know until now).

And FossilRider, what's with that great-big white hole in your State's-ridden map in the NW? You haven't ridden in OR/WA you haven't ridden (and you've missed a lot of great scenery).

Last edited by a moderator:
YAMAHA.jpg

this is a better view

And you'll note their riding Yamahas!

Better things are on the way, I had to mow my lawn yesterday for the first time since end of last year. But I also had to yank out a bunch of moss from it, and when I did that I found grubs living under it. So then I had to put down grub killer, and that led to spraying weed killer, which almost led to fertilizing the lawn until I realized that would make the lawn grow faster. Knowing that would lead to even more time spent on yard work I came to my senses and went in the house to have a beer.
But, today they're saying snow level is supposed to be down to 500' tonight, so we may see snow/rain mix by tomorrow, lows in the upper 20's by end of the week. And the newspaper says old man winter may stick around for a while longer. Brilliant deduction.

Since my seat's still not back from Russell I'll use the weekend to do my very first in-house oil-change, diff gear oil change, rear wheel removal, and lubing of the splines, shaft, and U-joints. Thanks to everybody for documenting this stuff here on the forum, fjr1300.info, and fjrtech.com (WC, you da man!) so I can know how to do it (always ridden H-D's with belts before, so never needed to know until now).

And FossilRider, what's with that great-big white hole in your State's-ridden map in the NW? You haven't ridden in OR/WA you haven't ridden (and you've missed a lot of great scenery).

Sorry LDR, but I have never made it to either Oregon or Washington State. My wife and I were planning to ride out west again this summer and hopefully would have seen them but shit happens. When we returned from our coast to coast trip last fall, Bev was diagnosed with breast cancer for the second time. So, no long trips until 2009. But, we will make it there, that's for sure.

As for global warming, I believe it's here. It doesn't mean any more winter, I believe it means a real messed up weather pattern due to changes in the environment. We've had a longer winter with more snow but not as cold, if you looked at the U.S., tornadoes, drought, wildfires and storms more severe then normal.

those are some killer snowmobile suits. I grew up in central Florida and I have never seen a snowmobile. Kind of makes me want to find some snow. They sure do look fun, the Yammies aint bad either.

I was in the nations capital over the weekend and they got it bad for snow....

I forgot to bring my camera along but maybe we can get Bugr to post up some...

Hello...... paging Chris....