Wiring Diagram needed for 2013 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 213

FJR DarkSider #1
Reaction score
Ok, before you tell me to just buy the FSM, I'm adapting a '13 FJR's left side switch housing to a Super Tenere. The primary reason for doing so is to gain the CC features that I intend to mate to a Rostra aftermarket CC.

I have the switch housing and have mapped the wire colors, but could use a scan or copy of the '13 FJR's wiring diagram. If, like the Super Tenere's, it's one page on the back of the manual, a scan or mailed photocopy would be awesome. if it's more than a couple-three pages, I just need some specific info on the wires from the switch.

I know the following, but could use specific data on what wires do what. I.E. I know the turn signal wires, but not which is left or right. I know the headlight wires, but not which is the high beam, etc. I would greatly appreciate any help sorting which is which.

What I know:

Horn wires = Pink / black

Turn signal = white w/black trace / white w/yellow trace / blue w/red trace

Headlight = blue w/black trace / yellow / red w/yellow trace

Resume/Set button = red / black (but these don't come out to the plug)

Top up/down switch that moves thru the menu = white / white w/green trace / white w/red trace

CC on/off = red / black

Menu trigger = black / yellow

There are 19 wires coming off the switch housing, but only 16 at the two plugs. Which ones connect inside the harness or are shared, (like grounds)?

Thanks for any assistance with this. If I have to stumble thru it with the multi-meter and trail and error, I will, but it would be a lot quicker with help from the '13 owners that have the manual.

P.S. Any tips to get the pins out of that black connector? I had no issues with the white one, but can't figure out the black one.