Wiring GPS & Valentine 1

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

double_entendre

Reaction score
So I'm slowly making progress on the farkles and was mulling how best to wire the V1 and GPS. Both use cigarette lighter style plugs, though the V1 came with a phone cord style connector as well. I'm wondering if there's a way to wire these other than with the cigarette lighter style connectors that is stll reasonably easy to remove when you take 'em off the bike.

And if I do have to go with the cigarette lighter, what lead is positive and which is negative?

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Bob

Huntington Beach, CA

The V1 includes a "hard wire" adapter that gives you 2 wires and terminates in a dual-gang RJ11 jack. You then route you "phone wire" to the V1 mounting location. I ran it up through the front panel of the nose cone and up one of the legs of the ECM Shelf where the V1 resides. I fed this from a switched power distribution block so it works through the ignition and doesn't BEEEP when visiting with someone on the side of the road.

The GPS also has a hard wired option you can get (two wires up to the connector for your GPS). Again, I ran that (from the unswitched PdB) and up the other leg of the ECM Shelf. That way "total elapsed time" can continue to calculate even when the bike is off.

Last edited by a moderator: