Wish me luck !!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kid41

Reaction score
I'm going to McGuires dealer in Houlton Main tomorrow morning. My goal is to find out if they will agree to sell me an FJR. When I spoke to the sales representative in the Fall, he said they would not sell me a bike because I am a canadian buyer. However, a few months before another sales person had told me I could buy from them. Given these different answers, I contacted Yamaha US to check if I could in fact purchase my FJR from a US dealer. Yamaha US said they cannot tell a dealer what to do. Anyway's I'm hoping a face-to-face meeting with a sales rep. will clear this up and get a definitive answer - I hope!

Eric

Last edited by a moderator:
I called the US dealer and he told me they can't sell to canadians because Yamaha US told them not to. However, although the big print seems to prohibit such sales, the fine print (somewhere) says they can sell to a canadian purchaser. The big prints tells them that they will be repremanded if they for example export the bike and i think they get scared and just dont want to deal with any of that bla bla bla. I did speak with another dealer further South and they said they would sell me a bike. Anyway's the first guy is much closer to my home town.

On the nightly news in MN, they said that dealers in the Twin Cities area were doing well this last fall. The reason was because they were selling many snowmobile and motorcycles to Canadians. So they should be able to if they can do it here.

devanator/Mike

There're some other threads running from Canadians having problems with warranty (or lack of), due to buying in the US.

When I was at University Motors in ND this past summer they said they couldn't sell to anyone who didn't have a US address to put on the registration. That was a directive from Yamaha.

gypsy

When I was at University Motors in ND this past summer they said they couldn't sell to anyone who didn't have a US address to put on the registration. That was a directive from Yamaha.
gypsy

That is what i had heard initialy, but then called Yamaha US to confirm this, actually did so yesterday and asked if i could use my Canadian address and they said yes.

Eric

Dern Cannucks comming down here and buying all our motorcycles...what's the world comming to? :rolleyes: