WNY Tech Day II

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"It’s almost 4:30 and he still hasn’t got his front wheel installed. Part of this was due to the impact wrench situation, but there were some in attendance who felt this was due to the bike being a POS Gen I. Of course, he strongly disagreed." Thats not what she said!

Had a great time with all you nagging, harassing, clown like morons, makes me feel like part of a special group.
friends.gif

All the posts above says it all, and I can't say enough about Laura's gourmet cooking for a group of jokers, and her and Mike's hospitality beyond the call of duty. Funny thing, my beer supply was dwindling more rapidly than I was consuming them, so there may have been some "mistaken identity" going on while some may have reached into the cooler....... Wine Guy was his usual polite self and frequently exhibited his Canadian trait of apologizing..... Mike, ya gotta get over it and stop feeling guilty about the Canadians burning down the White House during the War of 1812...... We kept telling Madmudder he was never going to get his front wheel back on and would have to walk home. The "supervisors" failed twice when they didn't notice I left the rebound damping rods out of a couple of forks.... Part blame to SLK50 for working on other stuff while I did his forks, so I even let him almost get the finished fork bolted on his bike before I told him it needed to come back off...... the good news is, the whole day we wouldn't let any of the BMW's into the garage, although KJ managed to sneak his in before nightfall...... some fear of dewdrops or something, I dunno.....

So I headed home Sunday morning, and before crossing the border, properly completed all my declaration paperwork, then proceeded across the Whirlpool Bridge using my Nexus card..... border guard asked me what I had purchased ($800.39 total), then with no explanation handed me a pink slip to go to secondary inspection. I had no worries, I was completely legal since one must not risk the penalty having one's Nexus card lost for life.... Two officers then proceeded with a full cavity search (of my truck, not me) and told me to leave my paperwork on the front seat and stand in front of my vehicle. I had told them where all my purchases were, but they wanted me just to stand there and let them do what they do. Anyway, after about 15 minutes of looking everywhere, they being Canadian, politely put everything back where they found it and closed all the compartments. They were satisfied I was good to go. Interestingly, going in or going out, none of them had asked me about all the toolboxes, and although they had looked through them, they never said a word about all the tools.... Turns out it was just a random Nexus compliance audit.

A great weekend for sure, and looking forward to the next one. Many thanks again to Mike and Laura for all their time and energy hosting this bunch.