WNY Tech Day IV June 17, 2017

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike et al,

I just booked my hotel room at my favourite Red Roof Inn. Listing all the tools that I will be needing!. Looking forward to it!

Mike et al,I just booked my hotel room at my favourite Red Roof Inn. Listing all the tools that I will be needing!. Looking forward to it!
Laura and I are looking forward to it as well. Now, if I can manage to get all my chores done before then....
weirdsmiley.gif

Mike et al,I just booked my hotel room at my favourite Red Roof Inn. Listing all the tools that I will be needing!. Looking forward to it!
Laura and I are looking forward to it as well. Now, if I can manage to get all my chores done before then....
weirdsmiley.gif
1) Ray is booked

2) Move everything in the garage out to the yard

3) Put beer on ice

What more needs to be done??
smile.png

So you know, this year I am going to attempt to remove the swing arm , check bearings there and check and re grease the relay arm... Well see how far I get... Or I may sit down and drink beer... Either way... Tools ready. Mike any chance you may have a breaker bar or should I bring mine? Anything else that I may need I will be bringing with me...

So you know, this year I am going to attempt to remove the swing arm , check bearings there and check and re grease the relay arm... Well see how far I get... Or I may sit down and drink beer... Either way... Tools ready. Mike any chance you may have a breaker bar or should I bring mine? Anything else that I may need I will be bringing with me...
I don't have anything purpose-made to be a breaker bar, but I may have a piece of pipe or conduit that could slip over a ratchet handle. Not sure what Ray may have in his tool inventory.

Looks like we'll have a nice day on Saturday. A little hot, but no rain. Good thing Trevor is coming. I use him to stop the rain.
Never go anywhere on the bike without him then!! I've been watching the weather reports for the last week, hoping for dry, but I hope to have a canopy again to extend the dry/shady workspace out into the driveway, just in case.

Would you like me to bring my 10 x 10?
Actually got permission to borrow one from work, so that's one. We've had two before, and if it's sunny, that's a shady spot to sit and socialize while others are actually working.
coolsmiley02.gif

It's up to you if you want to bring it, as you are already making extra trips just to schlep the gear back and forth. I won't say no, but I won't be disappointed if you decide not to. How's that for wishy-washy??
weirdsmiley.gif

I figure since I'm making a run down the day before, I have more than enough space. It's in the trunk.

Also taking requests for anybody riding in with limited space. If you want me to haul in beer, pop, food, anything, you have until tomorrow to say so.

I suppose any necessary tools, too. But really.... beverages do take priority.

If I may, I would ask for a breaker bar and torque wrench. That will save me from carrying a lot of weight. If not, let me know and I will bring them... I need to remove back wheel and swing arm

Thanks!

If I may, I would ask for a breaker bar and torque wrench. That will save me from carrying a lot of weight. If not, let me know and I will bring them... I need to remove back wheel and swing arm

Thanks!

1/2" breaker bar will be added to the package. My torque wrench will get tossed in too, but it ain't the nicest.

Torque wrench I got, but like LittleJon's, it ain't a SnapOn or anything that high quality. I have, however, used it on my own bike with no ill-effects...so far.
rolleyes.gif

Lads (and ladettes)

We have all been very quiet and I want to thank Mike and Laura for organizing yet another edition of the WNY tech day. I had a blast with all of you guys! Needless to say that I made it home safe and sound and all that.

Did anyone take any pictures of the Skene LED P3 and the photon blasters? Pictures of the wiring routing etc? I WANT them, I NEED then badly. I DO NOT need an excuse... I just do! :)

Any picture I would appreciate. I need special detail of the wire routing of the P3's from the reg plate into the under the saddle area. Did you drill any holes or are there any "natural orifices passages" to route the wires?

I did take a couple of pictures of the event if you fancy:

https://goo.gl/photos/oa8G9iDTJfCm8jx86

Luis