WNY Tech Day IV June 17, 2017

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, so for those who haven't been following this elsewhere, it looks like Ray's best availability is June 17 (Father's Day wknd) and a second option would be June 24th, although the 17th is preferred. Not sure how that affects everyone, but I personally am OK with either date. Ray's dance card is filling rapidly for the season, and I need to nail down my date here to ensure we get at least ONE person in attendance who actually knows how to take an FJR apart and put it back together again...and actually have it function properly!
mda.gif

What say ye?

I'm not a lock because it's Father's Day weekend, but I'd put my chance at 70% I can do June 17th. Even less of a chance to do an overnight. Need to make sure my bride doesn't have any plans that weekend she's cooking up in her head that she assumes I am aware of.
weirdsmiley.gif

OK, so after confirming with Ray, the date for this will officially be June 17. Anyone who can attend should post up here to let me know what work (if any) you need to get done. If for some reason, no one has any work to do, we can turn it into a group ride, depending on the weather!

I'd like to do a brake and clutch flush. I think all I'll need for that is DOT 4 fluid, but I'll do my research, so I know what I need to bring.

Interesting . . . I've been meaning to change my CCT. I have all the parts and it appears to be a 5 hour job ~ maybe a bit much for a TechDay

Interesting . . . I've been meaning to change my CCT. I have all the parts and it appears to be a 5 hour job ~ maybe a bit much for a TechDay
Not so sure why it takes that long unless you are including the cool down period when you arrive
smile.png
I have no experience with a CCT change, but Ray can probably chime in and give us an idea if it could be done or not. I'm trying to remember if this was done at anyone else's tech day. Can't think of it at the moment.

Just from what I've read on the thread here about the CCT change . . . that's probably the biggest project I have on my checklist right now. Few other smaller maintenance items as well . . .

I've done some fiddling with the suspension over the winter and need to re measure sag. I may also do some re wiring time permits...

Looking forward to seeing you all there again!

Luis

Ray, Bill, Griff, Bust and a couple other guys helped me replace my CCT at a tech day last year.

Also flushed my coolant tank and put fresh 50/50 back in.

Make sure you have all the gaskets, o rings, coolant etc ready to go.

Did my CCT last Thursday . . . pretty easy until you take the CCT itself out and it's really just a matter of getting to the one bolt closest to the frame. Took about 3 hours total including cleaning off the old gasket material. Nice and quiet at startup now . . . easy peasy.

Mike,. I plan on being there. Not sure if Trevor will be riding along or not. I was thinking of bleeding the brake lines if I don't have it done by then. Can't wait to see all the usual suspects.

Mike,. I plan on being there. Not sure if Trevor will be riding along or not. I was thinking of bleeding the brake lines if I don't have it done by then. Can't wait to see all the usual suspects.
Glad to hear it Jeff! We were beginning to wonder where you went! Thought maybe the self-driving car ran away with you.
coolsmiley02.gif

Nah, that car wishes it had control over me. 4am wake up's and not getting home until 5 or 6pm makes me consider resting instead of posting. I'm excited about the riding season now. Hope you and Laura are doing well. I look forward to seeing you two and the rest of the gang. Not a great idea to leave during Father's Day weekend, but we'll consider it a Father's Day present.
smile.png