WNY Tech Day V

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wnyfjr

Reaction score
So, after careful consideration (about 5 seconds…), Laura and I decided we are going to host another WNY Tech Day. Think this makes number 5? Anyway, due to Ray’s jam-packed schedule, we’re looking at doing this a little earlier this year. The two dates in consideration are May 19th or May 26th. Now, the weekend of the 19th is a holiday in Canada, and of course here in the states, the weekend of the 26th is Memorial Day.

Laura and I (and Ray so far…) are good with either one. I also had a thought about the Memorial Day weekend. What if we had the Tech Day that Saturday, and then went riding Sunday and Monday somewhere? I have no idea where yet, but it was something that sounded like it might be fun…and it would also give those who wish to ride a greater incentive to not let the smoke out of things on Saturday!

Let me know your thoughts.

Mike

Excellent! I thought you would never post! I'm in for either. Looking forward to seeing you all again!

Luis

Hey Mike,

Been talking to Ray about a bunch of winter maintenance I've been doing. I'm due (overdue actually-52K) for a valve check. I've pulled off a valve adjustment on my ST1300, but never on my FJR. Ray suggested your tech day to learn the tricks of this procedure on my 2016. With that said, May 19th works best for me. Thanks for hosting this! Ken

the 26th works great for me... but I can also make the 19th possibly work if necessary. I think I'm gonna travel east and check things out up there....

Howdy Mike. I will be making my way back from the west coast around that time. Will let you know soon if I can make it. Sounds like a good time.

Bernie

Memorial day weekend if marked for this event. Will not know if I can do the weekend before until early May. See a few new names listed, looking forward to meeting you and seeing old friends!! My to do list is listed on the other side of the tracks.

How long of a ride would that be from Cleveland ? Ive never been to one these Tech Day's .What do you need to bring ? (tools)... Want to have my forks rebuilt . I have the parts ,It would be great to have save the money i was going to pay the dealer , Learn how to work on the bike , and make so new friends . sound Great

How long of a ride would that be from Cleveland ? Ive never been to one these Tech Day's .What do you need to bring ? (tools)... Want to have my forks rebuilt . I have the parts ,It would be great to have save the money i was going to pay the dealer , Learn how to work on the bike , and make so new friends . sound Great
2.5 hrs. There is also one in Owosso, MI. on April 14th, which is about a 3.5 hr ride.

OK, so to update this thread, we are locking in for the (U.S.) Memorial Day weekend, specifically Saturday, May 26. Ray, and I believe Billy, will be in attendance to headline the star-studded cast of characters.

As for my earlier suggestion of a possible ride after the tech day, I will leave it up to the collective if they want to do something like that. If enough folks are going to do that, Laura and I would be happy to tag along, but I'm going to leave any planning for that up to the individuals who wish to ride. I know, I'm the one who brought it up and I'm slinking into the background like a loser...I'm OK with that.
coolsmiley02.gif

So if you're up for it, let me know who's attending and what sort of damage, er, maintenance you need done to your bike.

Almost.... dang. That's the weekend of the first Canadian Super bike race in Shanonville.

Hey Mike, I can make that date.

If somebody is good with electrical, I'd like a hand wiring up some fork mount Clearwater lights.

Bought used, so no instructions

Hey Mike, I can make that date.If somebody is good with electrical, I'd like a hand wiring up some fork mount Clearwater lights.

Bought used, so no instructions
I'm sure we as a collective can handle that! Looking forward to seeing you again!