WNY Tech Day V

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Mike! I'll be up for the weekend celebration. Not sure if Trevor is available then or not. We need him to keep the rain away.
smile.png
Hey, let's not tempt fate here. Do what you can to drag him along!!

Unsure what my plans are at this point but I'm looking at going out that weekend hunting Tour of Honor memorials and was thinking of heading up that way. If no objections I might just pop in and say hello to everybody.

Unsure what my plans are at this point but I'm looking at going out that weekend hunting Tour of Honor memorials and was thinking of heading up that way. If no objections I might just pop in and say hello to everybody.
No objections here at all! We'll keep a cold one ready for you. And don't worry, if you don't make it, that beer won't go to waste with this crowd...
drinks.gif

Barring no unforeseen challenges with management... (wife of course), I will attend.... not sure I need to do any repairs, but I am quite sure I can help with others..... Looks like about 2 and half hours from home.... What time are we expected to punch in by? Don't want to miss coffee break.... :)

So just a reminder that the WNY Tech Day is coming up (Saturday, May 26, Memorial Day weekend), and I wanted to do a head count to see who might be coming and what (if any) work they need done. Also, if anyone needs parts shipped or has never been here before, let me know and I will give you the address via PM. I can have any oil, brake fluid, brake cleaner, etc on hand if I know ahead of time what is needed. I don't remember if anyone was needing a valve clearance check, but if so, plan to arrive the night before so the engine will be cold on Saturday. I don't think anyone was changing tires, but I do have a Harbor Fright tire changer we can wrestle with if necessary.

Also as a reminder, that is Memorial Day weekend here in the US, so if anyone has an interest in doing a ride on Sunday and Monday, speak up and I'm sure you will find someone interested in joining in (including us!!) Laura and I are looking forward to this event and seeing all you weirdos again!
smile.png

Lisa, Trevor and I will be there Saturday morning. Rear brake needs to be bled. We would be up for a Sunday ride and need to return home on Monday. We already have a hotel booked in Hamburg.

Forks rebuilt for sure. Ordered a new rear shock and waiting for it to be shipped. If I get it enough time before hand I'll try to install it myself, if not I would like to get it installed as well......last I knew, Penske, once the order is placed was running 3-4 weeks before they get to it and I'm at week four. I'll be happy if it get it before Memorial Day Weekend at this point.

Is there any couch or recliner space available?

OK folks, we're a week out. Weather forecast is good for Friday, probably OK for Saturday, maybe damp on Sunday and Monday. Of course, that can and likely will change as we get closer.

If everyone who expressed an interest or said they're coming shows up, we'll have about 18-20 attendees. A few of those even have some wrenching to do!
smile.png

At the moment, Ray and Billy will be rolling in Friday afternoon to get set up, and FJRFarrier will be coming in that evening so her bike is ready for a valve check in the morning. Anyone else coming in Friday night? Saturday's activities usually get going around 9 or so, but we'll welcome you whatever time you get here...unless you show up at 5am, and then we'll probably throw full beer cans at your head...
no2.gif

Among other edibles, Laura's got a couple of usual favorites planned for Saturday, including Buffalo Chicken Wing dip and mini Beef-On-Weck sandwiches (look it up if you're not familiar with this WNY specialty). Hopefully we'll get the place tidied up before Friday. Where did the spring go???

Looking forward to hosting this event and seeing all you wonderful miscreants!!!

Lisa, Trevor and I will be coming up sometime on Friday and most likely going straight to the hotel. There are 2 other guys, Paul and Jonathan who may ride up with us and hang out some on Saturday. They don't need any work done so their responsibility will be to contribute to beer and food. That would make 5 of us if they both join us in the ride Northward. We're all looking forward to seeing the gang.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be in attendance....solo..... Probably not arriving till mid morning. I don't need anything done, but could help where needed. Looking forward to meeting some of you guys. Looking forward to this. Cheers,

Neil

So, once again, I won't be able to make another "tech day" Mike.

Until this morning we were good to go but my wife just informed me we have some family coming in for the long weekend.

Thank you for hosting and hope to catch up with everyone at the next one...

So, once again, I won't be able to make another "tech day" Mike.
Until this morning we were good to go but my wife just informed me we have some family coming in for the long weekend.

Thank you for hosting and hope to catch up with everyone at the next one...
Bummer for us, but hey, family comes first...even if they're her family.
innocent.gif

We'll raise a beverage in your honor just the same. See you next year or along the road somewhere before then!

So for those arriving Saturday morning, I'm wondering if someone might be interested in picking up a dozen or so doughnuts on the way in? Now, don't get me wrong, I do love a good doughnut, but we likely don't need EVERYONE to bring some, so perhaps a quick post here saying "I got this" or some such would be an idea. Just thinking it might be nice to have them on hand to start the day. And there IS a Timmy's right here in Eden...