Won't Start....In Gear That Is

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many thanks to MadMike and Bustanut. Sure enough I went out and went WFO while cranking it and it started right up. Thanks!

At least I can ride it to the dealer to get the original issue fixed now. Still wont start in gear with the stand up and clutch in but at least she runs so I can get some miles in today! :)

Resurrecting this zombie thread because my clutch lever switch failed. The plunger no longer has any spring action, so it doesn't pop-out when the clutch is pulled. This keeps the engine from starting unless in neutral. 2005 FJR ABS, and I can't see a screw that is shown in the parts drawings. Have ordered the part, but would appreciate any experience in removing the switch and swapping it out. Part #12 in this diagram and I can't see a pan-head screw that holds it to the master cylinder. https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/yamaha/motorcycle/2005/fjr1300abs-fjr13at/front-master-cylinder-2