works performance shock

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whisperjet

Reaction score
I just installed a Works Performance Shock on my 05. Went in beautifully...and I did all the lubing of the suspension parts while there.....however....I'm looking for suggestions on where to mount the remote reservoir (be nice now to the nubie) Has anyone put one of these shocks or a similiar shock on their bike?? Mark

I's put it on the handlebars first so you can adjust it while riding until you get it the way you want. Then put it under the seat..........

I am just phukin With ya. I have no idea at all

Well here is the low down, You need to make a bracket to mount it to your frame. Works does not have a bracket that they sell with it? It will mount by where your left ankle is by on the foot peg is the general location.

NOw you can PM rogndeb in sacto, ca. and ask him he has a works shock

If you would have read the threads about shocks you would have made a better choice for your shock. works is ok but the one this one rates better for your bike.

I just went through my suspension front and rear and had GPsuspension of Oregon do the work. I installed a

" PENSKE" with adjustment and rebuildable and they made a bracket that mount to the frame that looks awesome

weekend rider :) GPsuspension makes a bracket for the Nitrogen cannister

Last edited by a moderator:
Well here is the low down, You need to make a bracket to mount it to your frame. Works does not have a bracket that they sell with it? It will mount by where your left ankle is by on the foot peg is the general location.

If you would have read the threads about shocks you would have made a better choice for your shock. works is ok but the one this one rates better for your bike.

I just went through my suspension front and rear and had GPsuspension of Oregon do the work. I installed a

" PENSKE" with adjustment and rebuildable and they made a bracket that mount to the frame that looks awesome

weekend rider :)

Hey, How U Likin that. I got one on order from them..............

Yup -- Works shock here.

I mounted mine on the right side, , aero-clamped to the frame, 6" above and forward of the rear foot peg. When I ordered the shock I requested a specific (longer) length of line to make the install easier. The shock works fine, far superior to the OEM, but I now wish I'd spent the extra on a Penske or Ohlins to get the remote adjust for the ride height. That's just me though.

ps. The black cross spar that the factory shock mounts to needs to be left in place (minus all it's hardware) as it's part of the rigidity/torsion of the rear frame. Others more knowlegable than me have said this. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cdog: I rode the original and changed it out at 20k. and you know how it is.

Now when you get that new Penske shock it will raise your bike height about 3/4'' and depending on how you want it set u p get ready or a new bike that handels like 10 times better. I also did the front and the bike handles and rides so much smoother. One thing that happens is it is so much easier to ride at faster speeds because of the suspendion work. I would recommend doing them both if you can.

You are a newly wed this year, I believe hmmm maybe let your new wife take a second job to finance the cost for a better ride. good advice and there is no room in my dog house if you get in hot water over this suggestion..

weekend rider :D

I also got the Penske on the GB. It came with a rubber mount thingy. If your reserviour is the same dia. you can have it as mine is mounted with the alum bracket from GP Sus.