World Superbike Ninja!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the looks of things, I wonder if this rear cowling has ever been off the bike before....

RearCowlingOff.jpg
Well, with that much dirt at least somewhere on her street bike, it proves she's your daughter (without paternity test). :D

From the looks of things, I wonder if this rear cowling has ever been off the bike before....
Well, with that much dirt at least somewhere on her street bike, it proves she's your daughter (without paternity test). :D
I still don't believe it. She's cute and has hair. :rolleyes:

Seriously, sounds like a blast and congratulations. I've been having a ball riding with my now 20 son. I can hear your daughter in 30 years saying, "This picture is when your gramps and I..."

(Oops, gotta do a fast paint job on the header for the photo, Dale. ;) )

Make sure you teach her about the possible humiliation of "chicken strips" before her friends start to make fun of her.

Have you got her signed up for the convent yet? I've got a 10 year old daughtger and am scared to death of her future interactions with the opposite sex, partly due to some of the stuff you see on this forum.

Chicken strip comments never bothered me. Sometimes I have 'em, sometimes I don't.

I would be unsafe if I ever thought I had to ride at a pace to please whatever joker out there thought I had to. Riding is about the freedom to ride and see the country in the way you see fit.

I'm sure Dale and his daughter have that figured out....and if someone foolishly decides to ridicule Dale's daughter-God help 'em.

Chicken strip comments never bothered me. Sometimes I have 'em, sometimes I don't.
I would be unsafe if I ever thought I had to ride at a pace to please whatever joker out there thought I had to. Riding is about the freedom to ride and see the country in the way you see fit.

I'm sure Dale and his daughter have that figured out....and if someone foolishly decides to ridicule Dale's daughter-God help 'em.
You're probably right. I've was riding a CBR600RR for the last few years prior to getting my FJR last year. In that crowd chicken strips are a big no-no, means your riding the wrong bike.

I like them with honey-mustard now.

Getting closer to showtime, we're about 3 weeks from departure, and the bike has come together pretty well....

New Avon Storm on the front, got the Heat-Troller for her Warm-n-Safe liner all hooked up... bike is ready!

May5_TouringNinja.jpg

Here is the happy girl showboating before taking off on a 300-mile ride across the Cascades:

May5_MOTOWOMAN.jpg

Lauryn departs on her Ninja, with her sister in the red Kia following her home...

May5Depart.jpg

Most unfortunately, I thought the bike had a full tank before she left, but that wasn't the case. On the way home, the bike stopped running. Lauryn described a condition that sounded like it had bad gas, so the Ninja was towed to Desert Valley Powersports in Prosser. Sadly, the girls were forced to continue back home, as they had to work that evening. Turns out it wasn't bad gas; it was *no* gas, and Lauryn forgot to switch the petcock to RESERVE (and I didn't think to tell her, since I erroneously assumed it was a full tank, and she had only gone 50 miles.) Oh, well.... she gets to come back and do it all over again!

The day wasn't a total bust.... just before Lauryn came over to pick up her bike, these awesome items arrived in the mail!

WSBTickets.jpg

The first Practice Session is exactly 3 weeks from TODAY! Here we go... this oughta be good!
bling_cool.gif

This is great stuff !!! Even the Malcom Smith approved petcock debacle ! Thanks for sharing man, seriously...I have a 23 y.o. daughter who hasnt spoken to me in over 5 years...Good on ya both !

Blessings,

Bobby

Thanks guys... since yesterday was a pretty awesome day in the Pacific Northwest, I went ahead and rode Lauryn's Ninja over to her, and drove my Kia back home. Now the girl is *forced* to ride her Ninja every day to school/work, as her broke-dick Honda CRX is still parked in the front of my house.

The little Ninja 500 is actually pretty fun to ride, though I am not exactly passing a ton of cars on long uphill grades. T'was a very nice ride over the Cascades anyway... :)

I tried to ascertain what kind of mileage this little bike gets, but my results were all over the map. I got a low of 37mpg (sitting straight up, running pretty fast, 80-85+ mph) to a staggering high of just under 52 mpg! That latter figure was during a 120-mile leg taken at pretty tame speeds (65-70mph), and sitting tucked down behind the windscreen quite a bit.

So if I can get that mileage with my linebacker ass on the bike, Lauryn's tiny little weight might put that figure well into the 60's, I'm thinkin'! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The little Ninja 500 is actually pretty fun to ride, though I am not exactly passing a ton of cars on long uphill grades. T'was a very nice ride over the Cascades anyway... :) I tried to ascertain what kind of mileage this little bike gets, but my results were all over the map. I got a low of 37mpg ...high of just under 52 mpg! ...with my linebacker ass on the bike,
I've toured on two -- a black EX500 and a red 500Ninja (enjoyed them both).

I set-up the EX500 specifically for touring with hard luggage, touring windscreen, and several other mods to carry my (too) linebacker ass. One year I toured to Steamboat (for the vintage races) with 2 riding buddies on ZX11 Ninja and FJ1200. The little Ninja got a work-out (and loved every minute of it). We even did a flat-out high-speed test run on a deserted road somewhere in the middle of WY -- all tucked-in (under the paint) runnin' with the big-dogs... :eek: The fuel economy was way better than either of those two and it used zero oil on the trip and needed nothing.

Great bikes -- IMO. :)

Daughter goes about 120# give or take ( I'm afraid to ask), Her 08 turns in mid 50's to low 60's for fuel mileage, and she has really big chicken stripes.