World Superbike

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

900gc

Reaction score
One of the things I like about WSBK is what happened in race one at Donnington; all 7 mfgs. represented in the series finished in the top 10, Kawasaki, Ducati, Aprilia, BMW, Honda, Suzuki and MV Agusta (Buell gone) and Yamaha set to return next year. Good stuff.

Yes you are right. I've taken to keeping up with WSBK more and more these last few years due to it being what it is. ( like stock car ,,ie.,nascar,, was in years long past) and with Yamaha on the hunt, it's just going to get better and better. Can't wait for full return.

Biaggi on top after FP1 & 2 at Misano. Guess being the Aprilia test/development rider has kept him sharp!

U.S. round at Laguna Seca coming up July 17-19, does anyone know if Yamaha will be there along with their Yamaha only parking?

U.S. round at Laguna Seca coming up July 17-19, does anyone know if Yamaha will be there along with their Yamaha only parking?
Of course they will with the MotoAmerica series being in conjunction with this WSBK round. Don't know about the parking though.

Yup, WSBK is generally great racing. Even tho Rae is dominating the championship there is often a good race for the lead if if it is with his teammate Sykes. I also like the two race format. It's interesting that a rider will win one race and then not seem competative in the second.

Phillip Island this weekend! Kawasaki will probably win again this year but Yamaha's back and Nicky is in the series to add some drama, GO Nicky!

Wish they'd improve their networks. Stupid BeIn network. DirecTV only carries it on the most expensive package. I could subscribe online but that is also cost prohibitive.

Rain can be the great equalizer. Takes away the advantages some of the top teams enjoy and causes points leaders to adopt a less aggressive riding style.

How about the second race in Malaysia with Nicky Hayden's dominant win!
punk.gif
yes2.gif
ok.gif
happy.png
hyper.gif
Ten years since his last win. Must have felt soooo good!

Just watched it, and I was holding my breath on those last 2 laps. Giugliano raced one hell of a race, but just ran out of laps.

I, for one, am loving BeIn Sports. Never had this much racing before (GP, WSBK, and MotoAmerica), and.....,and....no commercials!

It'd be nice if BeIn was available on a package other than an expensive add on or only the top tier package.

It'd be nice if BeIn was available on a package other than an expensive add on or only the top tier package.
Having Fios, its included. Though I didn't know that until I asked. Like you, I dislike being held hostage for a channel, that would require me to add 15 channels I couldn't care less about.

Wish they'd improve their networks. Stupid BeIn network. DirecTV only carries it on the most expensive package. I could subscribe online but that is also cost prohibitive.

Take a look at FuboTV - it's available for $10/month and is showing MotoGP, WSBK and MotoAmerica races. I have it on my tablet then beam it to my TV via Chromecast. Seems to work pretty well - only problem is you can't DVR the races so you have to make time on your schedule to catch the races. They usually show the MotoGP stuff live then replay all the races one more time, while the WSBK and MotoAmerica races are usually shown delayed.

Yea, I could also get the videopass as well, which would let me watch races on my schedule. A bit more $$$. It's only $13 per month to add the package to my DirecTV but I already choke bad enough at the bill we pay and am stubborn and don't want to give them any more money than I already do.
biggrin.png

August our contract is up and things are going to change. I had to sign another year to get the free install when we moved. I really should have shopped at that point as we were out of contract, but all the crap that goes along with buying a house had me go "Just do it already!" Sigh, I also didn't know at the time that all this would shift to a network that wasn't on my package or I might have given it more thought.