• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wow. These things are heavy.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wiz1974

Reaction score
It was bound to happen sooner or later. Getting the bike out of the garage and down we went. My driveway has a slight slope to it and backing the bike out is always a gamble. I've been expecting to drop it into the side of my car, but this is bad enough. Thanks to our exposed aggregate drive (just another in the list of reason why I hate this driveway) the damage was in the form of scrapes and gouges. The right side mirror, adjustable cowl piece, and the right exhaust can are damaged with the mirror being broken at the stalks, the cowling gouged all along the edge, and the exhaust can looks like someone took a ball-ping hammer to it. Glad I'm a ATGATT guy, cause I did bump the back of my head. I kinda felt like Artie Johnson from "Laugh-in", cause that sure is what it felt like and had to look like.

So, my question to you guys that have changed your mirrors and exhaust. Would anyone have a RH mirror and exhaust can lying around they would like to part with? This is off an black '08. I know alot of you have changed out your mirrors for the FZ1 mirrors, and I may do that, but I do like the looks of the factory.

So, if you have the parts lying around and want to part with them (assuming they are in good shape) let me know what you would want for them.

thanks.

It was bound to happen sooner or later. Getting the bike out of the garage and down we went. My driveway has a slight slope to it and backing the bike out is always a gamble. I've been expecting to drop it into the side of my car, but this is bad enough. Thanks to our exposed aggregate drive (just another in the list of reason why I hate this driveway) the damage was in the form of scrapes and gouges. The right side mirror, adjustable cowl piece, and the right exhaust can are damaged with the mirror being broken at the stalks, the cowling gouged all along the edge, and the exhaust can looks like someone took a ball-ping hammer to it. Glad I'm a ATGATT guy, cause I did bump the back of my head. I kinda felt like Artie Johnson from "Laugh-in", cause that sure is what it felt like and had to look like.
So, my question to you guys that have changed your mirrors and exhaust. Would anyone have a RH mirror and exhaust can lying around they would like to part with? This is off an black '08. I know alot of you have changed out your mirrors for the FZ1 mirrors, and I may do that, but I do like the looks of the factory.

So, if you have the parts lying around and want to part with them (assuming they are in good shape) let me know what you would want for them.

thanks.

This all sounds so familiar...... Happend to me last year getting ready to ride to work :( . My mirror bounced back atleast. Wish you luck finding parts.

Josh

thanks.
PM me with your address and I'll send you a mirror-