• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB 2004 fairings

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyMac

Reaction score
I am looking for both sides and both upper fairings for an 04 FJR. The front peice the wraps around the light is okay So I dont need that but the rest is damaged. Anybody have some old body work layin around?

I want the left one, myself. I'm pretty sure that in order to get one that isn't scratched in some manner, I'm going to have to order a new one.

Good luck w/ your quest.

The secret is to NOT order plastic parts from a dealer if and when it can be avoided. Not only is it faster to order elsewhere... it is also cheaper. I've ordered a few plastic parts since I got my bike & have never had to wait over 5 days, or so. That is just completely ridiculous!

The secret is to NOT order plastic parts from a dealer if and when it can be avoided. Not only is it faster to order elsewhere... it is also cheaper. I've ordered a few plastic parts since I got my bike & have never had to wait over 5 days, or so. That is just completely ridiculous!
I need some plastic for my bike but I only found after market windshields....

Vulcan, look here. You should be able to find OEM parts that you seek here for less than you will pay the dealer. If not from one supplier, another should have it. You might need to shop a little. University Motors was a personal favorite for FJR stuff. I still check their prices if I need something... but have found several of these suppliers that have the part cheaper... not always... but sometimes. Good luck with your rebuild.

Oh, the OEM windshield may be found either on Ebay or here in the classifieds. You might need to wait for one to come available, but they do come out from hiding from time to time,

Heidi

Vulcan, look here. You should be able to find OEM parts that you seek here for less than you will pay the dealer. If not from one supplier, another should have it. You might need to shop a little. University Motors was a personal favorite for FJR stuff. I still check their prices if I need something... but have found several of these suppliers that have the part cheaper... not always... but sometimes. Good luck with your rebuild.
Oh, the OEM windshield may be found either on Ebay or here in the classifieds. You might need to wait for one to come available, but they do come out from hiding from time to time,

Heidi

Thanks for the link....I hope it saves me some money.

I have a left and right lower from my 04, some damage but should be repairable, scratches and minor cracks (bought the bike on eBay with light damage). I replaced the two pieces for about $336 apiece I think. I was going to get the originals repaired and painted, but got a high quote and bought new ones. Later, I found a very reasonable local guy that has since done some good work for me at very reasonable rates after my son dropped my CBR1000F in a low speed curve.

The directional blinker light on one side was damaged, but I have a new complete unit fot it. Think I paid about $30 for it. If interested, I'd sell all for $40 plus actual UPS shipping. I have the two boxes Yamaha sent the new ones in, but since they are already scratched up, I could ship all three pieces in one box to cut down shipping charges. Also have one other small piece, I think. Let me know if you want pics. [email protected].