• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB Corbin Close or Sargent

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aristoi

Reaction score
I have an all black (no silver piping) seat and backrest corbin canyon. Want to trade? or will consider buying yours outright and selling mine on ebay.

My corbin standard is sold. I am still interested in an all black close version.

Have you actually ridden on a close? My bike came with one and I HATED IT! And I'm only 5'8" with a 31" inseam. You simply can't move around on that seat even if you want to. It just slides you right back into the tank. It may work fine for you, I know some people like them. I'm just saying if you haven't actually ridden on one, you might want to seek out someone willing to let you try theirs out before you lay your money down. They're also a bitch to put on and take off! I'm glad mine is long gone. I did sell it to a forum member though who's very happy with it. You might be too...but I'd try it first. ;)

Dave makes a good point, but it depends on how often you take day-long rides At 5'6" with a 29" inseam, it works well for me re: touching down with both feet.

Mine has the blue piping and a couple of small tears in the leather, but a local upholstery shop should be able to replace the piping and make repairs relatively inexpensive. I'd let it go for $200 + shipping. Pm for pics.

Tim