• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB - Gen I Radiator in Good Condition

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ionbeam

2 FUN
Reaction score
I had a huge hole in my radiator repaired about 50k miles ago, sometime over the winter the repaired spot became un-repaired and is now slightly weeping.

I'm not in a huge hurry but if a radiator in good condition, at a good price, and a good location to NH comes available I'm interested. As always, if money is going to be spent I'd just as soon it went to someone on the Forum.

I'm sure that you've already looked it up, and know that the radiator is p/n 5JW-12461-00-00 and list price is $453

But I found that Zanotti sells them for $321, if you should decide to go with a new one.

Thanks Fred! I have also found a new radinator for a bit less than that. I go into 2011 making 2010 look like a cash bonanza year. Details some time later about the dirt ball partner that stole misappropriated ALL the money I put into the company last year. Right now, inexpensive, previously used parts works for me.

...Details some time later about the dirt ball partner that stole misappropriated ALL the money I put into the company last year....
You wanna I talk to some "fellas" to mebbe have a sit down wid him? :glare:

Actually, sorry to hear of dastardly deeds done to your finances by someone thought to be trustworthy.

Here's to some unexpectedly great financial news for you in 2011... :clapping: If I could make it happen, I'd do it in a minute.

In the meantime, gently used radiators and lots of good riding... :)

Alan, You might try this:

www.bikesparefinder.co.uk/Bike/YAMAHA/​FJR-1300/Radiator

Looks like you have to sign up as a member, but it might help. OTOH, it might be one of those jerk you around sites.

Dan

Edit: Stupid - I just noticied that it's UK. Shipping would negate any savings. Feel free to ignore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alan, How about an auto radiator repair place? Those guys used to be able to do recoring. I wonder if they could do it at a reasonable price to your FJR radiator. There is an AC Delco web site that gives a listing of radiator repair locations in the Boston area. A bunvh ogh them are in southern NH.

Hi Dan! The FJR radiator can't be re-cored in a practical way. I found a very good radiator shop in Hudson, NH that did the work for me and I would recommend Willard's Auto Radiator Shop at 56 Lowell Road (Rt 3A). When he repaired my 'un-repairable' radiator I knew that the job may not last for the life of the bike, but it did last a good long while. It was a one shot deal, if (when) the repair failed that was it, never to be done again. In a million to one shot, what ever took out my radiator did it in a way to maximize the damage to the upper left corner in a place where repair was essentially not possible. I blew almost all the coolant in 0.01 seconds after the big impact. I earned and deserved it, :glare: I didn't have a radiator guard so it was destine to happen. This is the longest possible way to say that I'm looking for a replacement radiator ;) :lol: I am *not* looking forward to replacing the bastard again.

Last edited by a moderator: