• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB GEN III dash shelf- Ordered one

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one I am not using I will sell, the dash shelf, both arms to attach it to the dash surround and the bolt that attaches to the front. No install instructions

Disclaimer, hit a bump with a gps and radar detector mounted on it and it may break off both mounting points inside the dash surround which can't be replaced without replacing the whole fairing peice.

Had it on my 2013  $100 plus actual shipping  

If interested contact me at [email protected] and I will get you some pictures of it.

Just jumping in here to offer a plug for a California company I had some interaction with in 2018, then late in 2020 - on the topic of buying a dash shelf.

Scott ([email protected]) offered me a link to some DropBox pics that still appears active:  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h433wozswlkbver/AABhABUFbHUzdH_mOEwxiVZia?dl=0

His company fabricates these to a high quality standard (powder coated steel, with mounting bits), and they appear worth consideration - if Owsley doesn't pursue purchase of a used unit.

Good luck in your quest...

That is the same shelf I have for sale, maybe I am the only one that had the problem with the inside mounting point to break off.  

Sorry to learn you've had some issue with broken mounts (!).

In full transparency, I hesitated to buy one for my own Gen3 due to a similar concern that breakage of any of the fairing-connected points could happen eventually (under heat + vibration stress).  This was not a concern for the shelf product per se, but rather, I interpretted that the FJR fairiing points where the shelf connects may never have been moulded strong enough by MamaYama...

I have one I am not using I will sell, the dash shelf, both arms to attach it to the dash surround and the bolt that attaches to the front. No install instructions

Disclaimer, hit a bump with a gps and radar detector mounted on it and it may break off both mounting points inside the dash surround which can't be replaced without replacing the whole fairing peice.

Had it on my 2013  $100 plus actual shipping  

If interested contact me at [email protected] and I will get you some pictures of it.
I just saw this. I have already ordered a new one. Used is ok with me. Thanks for the offer.

Just jumping in here to offer a plug for a California company I had some interaction with in 2018, then late in 2020 - on the topic of buying a dash shelf.

Scott ([email protected]) offered me a link to some DropBox pics that still appears active:  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h433wozswlkbver/AABhABUFbHUzdH_mOEwxiVZia?dl=0

His company fabricates these to a high quality standard (powder coated steel, with mounting bits), and they appear worth consideration - if Owsley doesn't pursue purchase of a used unit.

Good luck in your quest...
Yes sir, that is who I ordered it from. Thanks again.