• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB - Low mileage OEM shock, any Gen

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Reaction score
As the title says - mine is getting a little "soft". Looking for a low mileage stock shock. Any Gen will work apparently, so let me know what you got!

Last edited by a moderator:
Pssst. Get a Gen 2, or better yet, get a new Gen 3. They all fit, and the Gen 3 is the best stock shock yet, and it's even cheaper.

Hi,

After this weekend (I am going to Indianapolis moto GP) I am putting most of my bike back to stock except for the PIA 1100 LED aux lights and custom Dynamics back off module with license plate brake LED bars (x2). One of the things that is coming off and therefore going for sale is a rear shock Penske 8975 that I bought from Traxxion Dynamics when the bike was 28,600mi. Now she is 40,000mi. It is a entry level great shock. It is set up for my weight as far as the sag goes to 37mm (L1= 4190mm, L2=39mm and L3=79mm). I am 72kg.

Fully adjustable. Should you be interested...

Not sure why I get an error message when I try to put in a picture of the rear shock... I get that I am not allowed to use that image extension on this community... I have posted a goof few images before... go and figure... I'll try just a link...

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-tcClacCjUX0/T2km5uLP7jI/AAAAAAAAAig/PvyKvkADVJc/w1446-h865-no/IMAG0137

Hi,After this weekend (I am going to Indianapolis moto GP) I am putting most of my bike back to stock except for the PIA 1100 LED aux lights and custom Dynamics back off module with license plate brake LED bars (x2). One of the things that is coming off and therefore going for sale is a rear shock Penske 8975 that I bought from Traxxion Dynamics when the bike was 28,600mi. Now she is 40,000mi. It is a entry level great shock. It is set up for my weight as far as the sag goes to 37mm (L1= 4190mm, L2=39mm and L3=79mm). I am 72kg.

Fully adjustable. Should you be interested...

Not sure why I get an error message when I try to put in a picture of the rear shock... I get that I am not allowed to use that image extension on this community... I have posted a goof few images before... go and figure... I'll try just a link...

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-tcClacCjUX0/T2km5uLP7jI/AAAAAAAAAig/PvyKvkADVJc/w1446-h865-no/IMAG0137
Looks like it will be a little under sprung for my fat can.

Pssst. Get a Gen 2, or better yet, get a new Gen 3. They all fit, and the Gen 3 is the best stock shock yet, and it's even cheaper.
I wasn't sure on the fitting. Will update my post :)

I have one. It has low mileage compared to my bike. I think it has close to 30K on it. You can have it for the cost of shipping.

I have one. It has low mileage compared to my bike. I think it has close to 30K on it. You can have it for the cost of shipping.
Can't beat the price - PM inbound
smile.png
Only stipulation to the deal is that when you can, pay it forward. Had you posted this just a week sooner I could have brought it to you. I was in Denver 7/23 to 7/25!

Can't beat the price - PM inbound
smile.png
Only stipulation to the deal is that when you can, pay it forward. Had you posted this just a week sooner I could have brought it to you. I was in Denver 7/23 to 7/25!
Absolutely :) . I pay forward a lot of stuff, so I'm sure it won't be long before I make up for this :)