• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB - Spark Plug Cap Insert

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoombic

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I am in need of one of the little brass inserts that screw into the spark plug cap. This is the piece that actually makes contact with the threaded tip of the plug and has a small wire spring to keep it connected to the plug.

This is for a 2006 FJR, but I am guessing that some other plug caps may have the same screw in connector design.

One of my plug wires was not fully seated when the previous owner swapped out the stock plugs for iridiums and it was arcing like crazy, thereby attacking the brass insert and wire with proverbial lightning. I cleaned it up as best I could, but the contact just isn't the same. The bike runs, but I'd like to replace it.

I forgot to take pics and measurements when I had the tank up, so I don't have a very good reference point for matching one up at the moment.

Anybody got one that they're not using? Shoot me a PM if you do.

In the interim, I'm going to dig around a bit and see what I can find at some local places.

Thanks,

Jim