• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB: Zumo 550

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine will not fire up.. nothing. Plug it into the computer and nothing. Pulled battery it's at charge. Call Garmin, they have discontinued support due to lack of parts.
I don't know if you've resolved this, but if that unit is registered to you, Garmin will offer a replacement discount that can make a new unit significantly less expensive. I got my 590LM for $634 based on a malfunction in a Streepilot. Just ask for the replacement discount warranty, and consider what current model you'd like to apply it to. Montana, Zumo and others are all good MC units as long as you don't pay retail.

I have one will let go at a good price comes with cradle and fully function. I PMED you if you still need it.

Mine will not fire up.. nothing. Plug it into the computer and nothing. Pulled battery it's at charge. Call Garmin, they have discontinued support due to lack of parts.
Don, keep in mind that dead unit (assuming it is registered to you) is worth perhaps 40% off towards a new 590 LM. You would have to send in the unit for that bigger discount. I realize you're a Luddite, but the newer models are worth it when you can get a pretty good discount.

Nevermind. Repeat of old information. Someone bumped an old thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just upgraded to a 390. I'm reluctant to depart with my 550 until I master the 390. My 550 was bought used and has been sent back to Garmin twice since I've owned it. Lack of map support and signs of another failing touch screen got me to shopping for a newer model.

I have so many locations/waypoints pegged in the 550 I wonder if there is anyway that they could be transferred to the 390? If any of you know please let me know.

If you're shopping there are a lot of good deals out there at buydig, gpscity and g.factoryoutletstore