• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted WTT - My Gen2 Cee Baileys 22" Reverse Contour for your XXL/25" Windscreen

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road_Runner

Accelerati Incredibilus
Reaction score
I have a 2008 GEN2 fjr....

I want to swap my 22" for a barn door. Cee Baileys, CalSCI, or??? Would consider outright purchase also.

Last edited:
Maybe not easy enough to notice but title says "WTT - My GEN2..."

I will go ahead and put it in the body also.

Maybe not easy enough to notice but title says "WTT - My GEN2..."

I will go ahead and put it in the body also.
That's OK. Eyes (or brain) must have been on hold.
If you were closer, I have a V-Stream that I haven't used in years that I would let you try, but not practical cross-continent plus cross-border. Shipping cost would exceed the value of the screen.

Thanks but yes, too far shipping is cost prohibitive. I have found it difficult to figure the height of the windscreens. Is the v-stream 23" tall, or is it more?

Thanks but yes, too far shipping is cost prohibitive. I have found it difficult to figure the height of the windscreens. Is the v-stream 23" tall, or is it more?
I also have a V-Stream that I purchased new, 7 years ago for my ‘08 FJR Advanced Edition. I had it on my bike for about a week, then boxed it up when my Rifle +4+8 barn door came. If you were to find yourself here in the San Jose Bay Area, we could mount it on your bike and go on a ride to see if it works for you. I’m asking $100 for it, and would rather not ship it.

Brodie
🙂

I don't think a 22" V-Stream is going to do it for me. I currently have a 22" Cee-Baileys, and am looking over it by 2-3". It provides a clean stream of wind, there is just too much wind! I need a screen more like the the Rifle you replaced it with. What made you decide to go with the Rifle (for significant added cost) over the Cee Baileys or the CalSCI?

I have a Rifle for gen 2 in Washington State. I took it off my 07 AE and installed a cee bailey for summer weather.
I will have to have 150.00 plus shipping for it.07 AE has been sold so I have no need for it its in a box out in the shop.

For what its worth, height of the windscreen is only part of the equation for low turbulence. Arguably, other aerodynamic factors may play a more important role. VStream claims to reduce turbulent flow by directing it to the side. Rifle has "tuning blocks" that change the angle of the screen. One version of the Cee Bailey has a reverse "flip" to redirect air (CB no longer makes MC shields). Another option is to try a clip-on deflector for your current shield. There are a bunch out there and not too expensive for one of the knock-offs. Worth a try...

My Rifle is 21 7/8 tall As RossKean stated they make a diff due to the tuning blocks.

Attachments

• IMG_2020.jpg
    IMG_2020.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2021.jpg
    IMG_2021.jpg
    442.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2022.jpg
    IMG_2022.jpg
    462.3 KB · Views: 0
Thanks I wish cb did still make mc windshields I would simply order one! on a previous fjr I have had the largest calsci, largest ce baileys, and have also used a clip-on deflector on a concours (which worked pretty well).

If no luck finding a huge ws fs or trade, I will probably order the calsci. I really liked the cee baileys better though.

I also have a V-Stream that I purchased new, 7 years ago for my ‘08 FJR Advanced Edition. I had it on my bike for about a week, then boxed it up when my Rifle +4+8 barn door came. If you were to find yourself here in the San Jose Bay Area, we could mount it on your bike and go on a ride to see if it works for you. I’m asking $100 for it, and would rather not ship it.

Brodie
🙂
How is the +4+8 Rifle working out for you? According to the numbers on the CalSCI site, This would be 2" taller than the largest CalSCI.

Edit: I found and read your post #15 in : https://www.fjrforum.com/threads/2nd-gen-windshield-tuning.170280/#post-1359855 after posting the comment above. Good stuff.

Last edited:
Wow, I forgot I wrote that.

Nothing has changed, it still is performing as advertised; and going on eight years, and 110,000 (s)miles later the windshield drive mechanism is still working well, in spite of its great size and leverage.

The offer is still open, however, if you find yourself riding near the San Jose Bay Area, send me a PM, and maybe we can get together and mount my V-Stream on your Gen. 2 bike and go for a ride to see how well it works for you…

… or anyone else who may be interested in buying it. I really don’t want to ship it, and my price of $100 is firm.

Brodie
🙂