• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WynPro ( BIG-FOOT)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It does seem like the GenIII leans over more compared to my GenII. I almost think they shortend the sidestand up a bit. I will follow up later on how things went.
More likely the rear of the new bike sits a little higher with the stiffer spring and fresh tire. I'm pretty sure that the sidestand is the same length. 5JW-27311-00-00 is the same part used since 2003.

I found I had to grind some casting flash off the 2014 sidestand to fit in the cup of the BigFoot perfectly. Took seconds with an angle grinder.

I used silicone on the bottom of the stand before putting it into the big foot. No rattle and it can be removed if needed
I had considered that, but asked myself why I would you ever need to remove it?
wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I added my first farkle to the 2015A bike. A revised design Big Foot. So now they will be thicker since the lean angle is more present on the Gen3 bikes. Must be the heavier shock I imagine which causes this effect. I also added a couple of slight cookie bites on the front and back to allow for the flashing of the forging. This should eliminate any filing or grinding I am hoping. So it went right on the bike side stand without any problems. For now the screws are just holding it and it seems plenty tight.

Dave

No problem taking one for the team. Floor boards next, I don't see any changes there. By the way I am not crazy about the new foot pegs. I think they suck.

Dave

By the way I am not crazy about the new foot pegs. I think they suck.

Really? Why? I like that they isolate any vibration from your feet.

But the good news for you is that (I'm fairly certain that) you could put a set from a 2nd Gen on there with no issues if you just happened to have some sitting around. ;)

Well I added my first farkle to the 2015A bike. A revised design Big Foot. So now they will be thicker since the lean angle is more present on the Gen3 bikes. Must be the heavier shock I imagine which causes this effect. I also added a couple of slight cookie bites on the front and back to allow for the flashing of the forging. This should eliminate any filing or grinding I am hoping. So it went right on the bike side stand without any problems. For now the screws are just holding it and it seems plenty tight.
Dave
is the qen 3 different now than from a few weeks ago ??

thanks

Yes, I left another 1/16 of thickness on the Gen3 style. I also added some small what I call cookie bites on each end of the cut out (pocket). This will allow the flashing from the forging a space to go into rather than have to file it off of the side stand foot. The outer perimeter size stayed the same.

That's about it.

Dave

Yes, I left another 1/16 of thickness on the Gen3 style. I also added some small what I call cookie bites on each end of the cut out (pocket). This will allow the flashing from the forging a space to go into rather than have to file it off of the side stand foot. The outer perimeter size stayed the same.
That's about it.

Dave
Are you still making/selling the Big Foot for Gen I FJR1300? Is it still $24 for a stock exhaust bike? Same email for paypal as the first message in this thread?

Yes, Yes and Yes.

All the details are in the first post which I believe you have already looked at.

Thanks, Dave

Just a little bump. I ordered one for my new 16' and had in a couple of days. Thanks Dave.

George

That's about it.

Dave
Dave, is the GenIII picture showing the changes from Oct. (see 606 above)? Why I ask is, the post says last updated Mar 2016.

I just got back from an 8 day cruise. I was ordered by the wife to go. Sucks to be me Eh! Anyway I have some catching up to do in the meantime. When I get a chance I will post a new picture. Most likely you won't see much of a difference. Hardly visible to the necked eye. My eyesight is going to shit lately anyway. Maybe it is just me.

Gotta go,

Dave,

Just ordered a Gen3 Bigfoot and set of Aux light brackets last night.

Looks like I have a good window to get these installed before the weather gets warm enuf again for the bare sidestand to sink into the crummy asphalt around here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ken,
They are scheduled to arrive on Monday. USPS

Dave
Dave

They were in the mailbox as you mentioned they should be. Nice looking pieces.

I think I'll add a dab of JB-weld or Lab-metal (if I can find it) when attaching the BF. Light brackets will have to wait for a few days.

Thanks,

NBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts