• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WynPro, Ram-Bone Mount, I've got BALLS

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

08FJR4ME

-WYNPRO-
Reaction score
WynPro, 5" inch Ram Ball Mount (Ram-bone)

Revised: 12/28/15 For those of you who would like to order these mounts see info below.

Added note: Also we have recently found out that this product will not be usable with the bridge type riser plates.

It will work with the Gen1, Gen2 & Gen3 individual risers for each side.

Price: $43.00 shipped to the lower 48 states. For Canadian owners $49.00 US. Other than North America please email me for cost.

If you have a PayPal account you can put in my email address [email protected] and make a payment to my account. Once I receive payment your order will ship out. Please be sure to have your current address when making payment.

The other option is to send check or money order to the address below and once received your order will ship.

Thanks,

Dave

WynPro Machine
Attn: David Wynne
115 Quaker Lane
Acushnet, MA 02743

I like the fact that this is mounted to the frame and not the handlebars.Whatever you attach to the ram ball it will stay stationary. That also means the wires are stationary and are not being twisted around with the handle bars. That's my preference at least.So if you prefer the fixed position or just want to add a new farkle and couldn't figure out where to attach it, this will give you another option.
The material is aluminum 6061-T6. The base is 3/4 square stock and the rod is 5/8 dia round bar and comes complete with 1" ramball. They base and round rod are attached with a Stainless steel flat head screw and lock tighted. It is approximately 5" long from the base to the center of the ball. This will also work with a Helibar setup. Click

Last edited by a moderator:
David,

Would you ship one to Australia? I think I have found my Xmas present.

Payment sent. Used "Personal Tab" under "Send Money" so you would not acquire any fees. Great looking product and can't wait to tray it out!

Oooooh!!! Damn!!

Davey boy you done good! That thing is the shizzat, man. Totally.

Big time :thumbsup:

OK, I caught my breath now. Here are some details that may help other folks:

The original prototype mount was only 3" tall (plus the ball). I mounted this on my 1st gen and first used the medium length (3") Ram connection arm between the mount's ball and my zumo GPS. It was OK, no interference, but just a bit too low for my tastes. I subsequently mounted it using the longest ram arm (5") and thought that the positioning was just about perfect. So I suggested to Dave that he make these at least 5" tall.

With the 5" mounting block you will be able to use the very short Ram arm (1.5") that is supplied with the Zumo or a 3" arm for the optimum height. But with the taller 7" mount you will already be at the optimum height with the shortest arm as supplied.

David,
Would you ship one to Australia? I think I have found my Xmas present.
I don't see a problem as far shipping goes (USPS Priority mail ) with some increase in cost. I asume if you use your credit card with PayPal the conversion factor will automatically adjust. You can send me an email at [email protected] with details.

Dave

Payment sent. Used "Personal Tab" under "Send Money" so you would not acquire any fees. Great looking product and can't wait to tray it out!
Thanks giant22000,

There wasn't any shipping details with PayPal so if you can send me an email with an address to ship to it will go out tomorrow.

Dave

This is the longer version installed.
Dave, good of you to think outside of the box.

But I'm not sure I'd want that big thing in front of me if I went over the handlebars. Ouch!

Yeah, I'm thinking the 5" would be about the perfect height.

But it doesn't look like it would be difficult for Dave to make them any height you want. The 3" tall mount works fine if you want to buy the longer 5" Ram arm.

But I'm not sure I'd want that big thing in front of me if I went over the handlebars. Ouch!
That's why i took the picture from a level stand point. It actually sits below the handlebars and i assume something will be attached to it. If I have a chance later on I can mount my Zumo with the short arm and see what it looks like. Anyway if your going over the handle bars it may be a moot point. :dribble:

That's why i took the picture from a level stand point. It actually sits below the handlebars and i assume something will be attached to it. If I have a chance later on I can mount my Zumo with the short arm and see what it looks like. Anyway if your going over the handle bars it may be a moot point. :dribble:
In no way am I trying to pee on the idea; I think it is great.

You may very well be correct. Having once highsided on another bike, I may be hypersensitive. But there is a reason Yamaha designed the bolts on the windscreen to break away, for instance. Personaly, I like the idea of a shorter aluminum bar with movable "arms" above. Presumably, in a worst-case scenario, various human appendages passing by would knock the GPS (or whatever), ramball arms, etc. out of the way. That solid aluminum round stock wouldn't budge. The ramball arms cobbled up the front isn't as clean looking, but may be safer in a get-off.

YMMV

As one forum member mentioned, the wife should be very pleased. :blush: :blush:

To be honest I wasn't thinking of a second application for these. :D

As one forum member mentioned, the wife should be vey pleased. :blush: :blush:
To be honest I wasn't thinking of a second application for these. :D
I pitched that idea to my wife. Noting that there'd be plenty of horsepower attached. She was less than amused. Ah well.

Nevertheless, a 3" might be nice. Don't wanna be upstaged by a mount, right?

Order sent. Excellent idea man. Can't wait to get it set up on the bike. :coolsmiley02:

Thanks FJR4Me, postman just dropped off my short ball and I dropped it on the bike. Very sharp!

I moved my cell phone case to the new mount.

Status
Not open for further replies.