Xm

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rogue

Reaction score
I've got a SkyFi wired through a J&M 2003 but the volume is too low on the highway so I put a Boostaroo amp in line.

The problem is the Boostaroo is battery powered (I hate replacing batterys) so I am thinking of

A) Hard wireing the Boostaroo.

B) Getting a hard wired amp or

C) Replacing the SkiFi with a MyFi or similar which being designed for head phones should have a higher output level.

Any one have any experiance with the MyFi or the Pioneer unit (I don't remember the name)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is everything through the J&M too quiet, or just the XM?

Have you double checked to make sure there isn't an output level setting buried somewhere in you SkyFi menus? I know the Roady2 has such a menu, not really convienent for on-the go up and down volume control, but works for set it and forget it.

Other options, I metioned the Roady2, lots of happy owners.

Other amps: MixIt is about $150. Hardwired with volume control on the module.

Just saw another option on another board, AmpliRider. Don't know much about it but the guy appears to be very serious about standing behind his product, it has a remote volume adjustment knob which I think is a big bonus over the MixIt, and is evidently about half the cost at $70.

AmpliRider

Is everything through the J&M too quiet, or just the XM?
Just the XM. I can crank up the output level on it but then get distortion on my FJR and in my work truck (where I also use it). If I need to get a new XM unit I would like to get one I could use as a persoal unit if they work worth a damm. B)

Got my wifey the MyFi just before our 4,800 mile trip up the coast to Washington and back. Worked great with the tampon antenna and is excellent for in the house. It broadcasts on certain FM channels to our entire house and even out to my detached garage, plus I got a free Roady2 for buying it, which I'm using in my truck and FJR. It's definitely a step or two up from the Roady. It would go almost four hours on it's own battery when I used it but I had put an outlet on her bike to power it so she could listen and charge it at the same time. JB

Buttons w/gloves, a bit tough. Depends alot on thickness of gloves, they'd have to be fairly light to do much. Best thing would be to have all your favs preset then it'd be fairly easy. JB

Latest posts