Y.E.S. 48 Mo. Plan

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm the second owner of my bike. Courtesy of the original owner I have YES. I have verified this via the VIN through the dealer which I plan on using for service. What I don't know..........do I have to have the actual paper work to have YES work performed or is the VIN good enough?
I assume you were addressing my question. What I was wondering is can I buy the YES being the second owner that just got the bike that is still within the first one year warranty. I know, I should call Yamaha, just thought someone might have had that scenario. Probably pretty rare to buy a less than one year old bike though.

I'm the second owner of my bike. Courtesy of the original owner I have YES. I have verified this via the VIN through the dealer which I plan on using for service. What I don't know..........do I have to have the actual paper work to have YES work performed or is the VIN good enough?
I assume you were addressing my question. What I was wondering is can I buy the YES being the second owner that just got the bike that is still within the first one year warranty. I know, I should call Yamaha, just thought someone might have had that scenario. Probably pretty rare to buy a less than one year old bike though.

Why don't you call D&H ?

If the bike you bought has the Y.E.S. warranty, then all you need to do is, transfer it to your name...IIRC It's ~$15-$20.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the confirmation from Yamaha. Even though I am the second owner, I can still purchase the YES as long as the bike is within the one year warranty period (it is until July 27 09)

Here the stickler....For us lucky Florida folks where extended warranties are a fixed price at any dealer in Florida and can't be purchased from an out of state dealer it's 698.00 plus tax for the 4 year or 520.00 plus tax for the 2 year.

It was very similar when I wanted to buy the Honda warranty for our new Odyssey...DOUBLE what it is in any other state. :angry:

That's a serious chunk of change.....Me thinks I'll pass.

Thanks for bringing this up again!

I had been putting off getting the YES until "another day," but the reminder here finally moved me to action.

My check is going in today, and I will sleep soundly tonight knowing that Scooter will be cared for.

:rolleyes:

I sent my check for $389 to D&H about a week and a half ago. Confirmed with the dealer that my warranty will expire on February 29, 2013. :assassin:

just sent my check today...will have to make their shop a road trip sometime...don

check was cashed on 02-24-09 am awaiting paperwork...don

received paperwork 03-30-09...don

I got the confirmation from Yamaha. Even though I am the second owner, I can still purchase the YES as long as the bike is within the one year warranty period (it is until July 27 09)
Here the stickler....For us lucky Florida folks where extended warranties are a fixed price at any dealer in Florida and can't be purchased from an out of state dealer it's 698.00 plus tax for the 4 year or 520.00 plus tax for the 2 year.

It was very similar when I wanted to buy the Honda warranty for our new Odyssey...DOUBLE what it is in any other state. :angry:

That's a serious chunk of change.....Me thinks I'll pass.
https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...mp;#entry546720

Just got mine for 400.00 at the shop who does all my work I was in getting my Switch recall done. They quoted me the price that any one who didn't know any better might pay close to 700 dollars I then told the I could get it from D&H for around 390 and what could the do it for. When they said 400 I guess 10 bucks was not a deal breaker so went with it

I told my local DFW dealer that I could get the 4-yr extended warranty for $389 and they matched it without flinching...apparently I overpaid.

I was just in the local Dealer here in Escondido, CA. They quoted me $1000.00 for the YES plan, the guy said that it's normally $1200 but he'd cut me a deal.

I took the NO plan.

my 1 year is up 8/8/09 and got my notice from yama'mama yesterday - i just called and talked with ashley at britt motorsports in morehead city, nc where i bought the bike - she looked it up and said she will match the $389. i plan to make it happen tuesday (8/4) and will report back how it goes. britt dealers are all over eastern nc - so i assume they would all be willing to do likewise???

deal went very smooth - $389 as she promised with no added taxes, fees or tricks.

i have bought 2 new bikes from britt since 2003. decent folks to deal with but as with most dealers - you need to do your homework before you go in (i.e., prepare for the sales pitch). i can't fault them for trying to make a few bucks when they can.

If your dealer offers to match the $389 plan, be very sure they are giving you Y.E.S. and not a worthless sham warranty. I made that mistake when I bought my FJR but realized it three days later and cancelled. At least in California they're required to refund my the full amount of the warranty if I cancel within... 21 days? I forget the amount. Anyway so I got my refund for that.

A week ago, on Friday November 6th, two days before my standard warranty would expire, I called D&H. Price is still $389 and they said they'd start the paperwork on that day, as opposed to when they recieve my check, so I could make it in time. And I did so I now have the Yamaha extended warranty through fall 2013.

Definitely recommended! There is no reason to get the warranty anywhere else. Unless you live in Florida.

There is no reason to get the warranty anywhere else. Unless you live in Florida.
There is a work-around you can use if you live in Florida - no reason to be ripped off just because the legislators in that state believe that the average IQ of their constituents roughly parallels that of a cucumber. Scan this thread for the link to the post in question.

And . . . since there is no price penalty and interest rates are as low as they are, if you are planning to buy it, do not wait for the last day to buy your YES - it isn't going to get any cheaper.

There is no reason to get the warranty anywhere else. Unless you live in Florida.
There is a work-around you can use if you live in Florida - no reason to be ripped off just because the legislators in that state believe that the average IQ of their constituents roughly parallels that of a cucumber. Scan this thread for the link to the post in question.

And . . . since there is no price penalty and interest rates are as low as they are, if you are planning to buy it, do not wait for the last day to buy your YES - it isn't going to get any cheaper.
almost agree, but unless interest rates are zero, there is a penalty if you don't wait until the last minute. it is called interest.

plus the YES warranties are available cheaper on Ebay..

https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Moto...sQ5fAccessories

Latest posts