Y.E.S. 48 Mo. Plan

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is no reason to get the warranty anywhere else. Unless you live in Florida.
There is a work-around you can use if you live in Florida - no reason to be ripped off just because the legislators in that state believe that the average IQ of their constituents roughly parallels that of a cucumber. Scan this thread for the link to the post in question.

And . . . since there is no price penalty and interest rates are as low as they are, if you are planning to buy it, do not wait for the last day to buy your YES - it isn't going to get any cheaper.
almost agree, but unless interest rates are zero, there is a penalty if you don't wait until the last minute. it is called interest.

plus the YES warranties are available cheaper on Ebay..

https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Moto...sQ5fAccessories
Helz,

Well... I don't know about buying YES from a ebay listing....

My reasons....

Well it is a $17.00 difference from them and D and H (D and H charges no shipping)... Doesn't amount to that much when you might need to pick up the

phone and call someone about your policy.. My FJR was totaled last Summer and still had 3 years left on the YES warranty.. Guess where

you have to go to file for your YES refund.... The place of purchase. Good luck getting refunded by some Ebay sellar. I would gladly

pay the extra $17 (again) to a reputable company like D and H who offers such great customer service (and has proven so too many on this board).

To each is own...

WW

Last edited by a moderator:
Wanted everybody to know I just sent in my $389 for 4 years of Y.E.S. coverage.

This thread has made the cost of this forum totally worth it!

My dealer matched the D&H price. I too appreciate the forum making this knowledge available.

My dealer matched the D&H price. I too appreciate the forum making this knowledge available.
Yeah, I realized after I sent in the check that I probably should have tried the dealer match route. I like to spread my business around anyway.

Did I miss any updates or posts? Havent seen anything current (2012). Looking at purchasing a new 2012 and looking for info on Y.E.S

Call D&H Cycle in Cullman, AL (256) 739-1840

As of a month ago they still had it at that price. You'll have to send a check along with your info but they do this all the time. Good folks.

Anyone extend there warranty lately? Yamaha offered me a two-year extension for $594!
Call D&H Cycle, I think my two year extension was more than $200 dollars less than your Yamaha quote.

https://dandhcycle.com/
There is a fair amount of mark up on the Yes warranty that allows for some dickering. I used D&H Cycle’s price for negotiating and secured a 4 year Yes warranty on my new Tenere and FJR in the last couple of weeks for a little over $400.00 per bike. I paid a little over D&H’s price but was able to keep my business local and help them keep their doors open for my selfish purposes.
coolsmiley02.gif

If your dealer won't deal call D&H. They do things a little old school and wanted a check and motorcycle info by mail last time I used them, but they are great people.

What's the going rate on a 4 year extended warranty from D&H? I set up financing and got it from my local dealer for $940 but I don't sign the paperwork for a week. If I can get my dealer to match or just go with D&H cheaper I'm all game. I just haven't been able to find a price on the warranty that wasn't 3 or 4 years old.

A few months ago, when I bought my '15 the dealer wanted $800 for YES. I told Jennifer that I would buy YES someplace else. She asked where and how much so I told her D&H and what they were selling YES for. She called and confirmed the price and then sold me YES for the same price as D&H. I like keeping my money in the local economy, I just don't like putting all my money in the local economy if I don't have to :)

A few months ago, when I bought my '15 the dealer wanted $800 for YES. I told Jennifer that I would buy YES someplace else. She asked where and how much so I told her D&H and what they were selling YES for. She called and confirmed the price and then sold me YES for the same price as D&H. I like keeping my money in the local economy, I just don't like putting all my money in the local economy if I don't have to
smile.png
Good Idea! I will try this tomorrow at my local dealership.

No Joy. The dealer offered me 4 years of YES for $690. I will be mailing my check to D&H Cycles soon.