Ya'll have inspired me again

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patriot

Isabella is Lazarus
Reaction score
Absolutely wonderful Father/Daughter day

Ride to eat - 390 miles for me - New Orleans to Mobile - by far, my daughter's longest ride ever

included a 45 minute ferry ride across the Bay to world famous LAMBERT'S CAFE in Foley, AL

Mobile Bay Ferry...

Jeff_Q and daughter are from Biloxi (talking left of pic) and I ride to meet them for 9am...temps started out around 50F and the high late afternoon was 73F

my Mary Beth is right sticking out my trunk (top case)

4480493454_66258abfe5.jpg

Mary Beth in her new Tourmaster Transition 2 ... she already took her gloves off

4480493446_ed846902bd.jpg

4480493448_de06f017b8.jpg

Now that's cool. Jan likes to do day rides with me, but the daughters don't seem to be interested. Julie's never been on the bike with me, although she has an ex who rode for a while, and Kari's been with me just a couple of times just around town, and even that was just because she traded with her mom to give Mom some time with Josh on his bike when he was here last time. Not even enough interest to justify getting them their own gear.

Speaking of which, that pretty smile would be better protected with a full-face. I know you know that, I'm not lecturing, but maybe I'm giving you something you can go to her with. . . . From my own personal experience, the one and only time I actually used a helmet for what it's made for, would have been a chin and face impact. So I can still speak clearly and chew my own food because of this lid, which I still have so I can show to anybody who's not convinced:

DSC02739sm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know exactly how that plays out. I took one of my daughters shopping for a helmet a few weeks ago and she went straight to an open-faced helmet. She said she didn't like that claustrophobic feeling of a full coverage helmet. After a few try-ons with both a Shoei and Arai, she said the Shoei didn't feel as bad as she thought it would and said I guess I could wear this.

I rode down to Fairhope, AL last week to see my wife's family, my wife and daughter flew. Not a real nice weather week down there.

We saw a blue FJR Saturday in Fairhope, I guess that wasn't you though.

Love to go to Lambert's but didn't make it there this trip. Opted for Ben's BarBQ in Fairhope.

Glad you had a nice trip.

Brian

Now that's cool. Jan likes to do day rides with me, but the daughters don't seem to be interested. Julie's never been on the bike with me, although she has an ex who rode for a while, and Kari's been with me just a couple of times just around town, and even that was just because she traded with her mom to give Mom some time with Josh on his bike when he was here last time. Not even enough interest to justify getting them their own gear.
Speaking of which, that pretty smile would be better protected with a full-face. I know you know that, I'm not lecturing, but maybe I'm giving you something you can go to her with. . . . From my own personal experience, the one and only time I actually used a helmet for what it's made for, would have been a chin and face impact. So I can still speak clearly and chew my own food because of this lid, which I still have so I can show to anybody who's not convinced:

DSC02739sm.jpg

I have a helmet that was tested similarly too. I agree, there is no substitute for fullface helmet protection. It is really great that you have a strong connection with your daughter!

ya'll are exactly right on the helmet issue

the AIW rides with a flip just like mine

Mary Beth saw the three of us all with flips and wants one too

I can see armored pants and a flip helmet in the near future

probably need a mesh jacket for those June-Aug summer months around here

she's good with the boots and mechanics gloves...armored mesh gloves too

I shot the Christmas budget getting the AIW all new Tourmaster year round flex armored gear

my teens can wear small men's gear which are on closeout quite often

my wife's attempt to drive/ride the bike I purchased for her wasn't totally successful:

4480135529_5cbb674e3a.jpg

DSC02739sm.jpg
thanx Walt...First Gear Mesh Armor for summer and:

4886283809_8ddbd1670c.jpg

4886283803_5fee551500.jpg

<I'm ornary, but teachable <guess that's why I'm beloved by all :rolleyes: >